Epilogue

Camila Cabello was never late for work.

Still, it was strange to see her on Dope Tattoos during one of her days off. Even more so if she was being tattooed by Simon, her teacher.

"I can't believe little Camila finally decided to get tattooed" Murmuring Vero. That session, unable to avoid it, had become an attraction for her friends.

"It's a shame that Troy is on his honeymoon. He would've died laughing at your face, Mila."

The truth was that, for her, the tattoo experience was not being too pleasant.

As she tried to distract her mind from the terrible pain, she looked at the wall of her studio, which in just two years had undergone great changes. Harper Lee's phrase had been replaced by Howe's, the faces of her younger siblings had matured, the bands had changed...

And the unicorn and the dragon no longer kissed.

"I can't believe I finally have a reason to get tattooed" Camila whispered. The idea still seemed a little crazy to her.

"It's been a tough two years, Mila" her instructor told her. Her strokes were delicate, professional, and they were as fond as she needed to remain forever in her skin "...I think this will be a very good way to start a new phase."

"A new phase" Camila sighed.

After all the pain that had been there, it didn't sound so bad.

***

As she got out of Dope Tattoos she got into the car that now belonged to her. The interior was a bit dirty, buts she didn't care. Keeping it that way made her feel like a part of Lauren Jauregui was always next to her.

She drove slowly to a place she wouldn't have expected to enter again and called the elevator. In less time than she thought she was in front of the door of apartment 18-D, quietly questioning whether any of the neighbors had ever experienced such a sad love story as their own.

She sighed before entering, for she had been avoiding that scene for a long time now. That was not a place she really loved to be.

Not after everything that's happened.

As she entered, she found specks of dust, boxes that would soon leave the place, old furniture and a melancholic air.

She really hated it there.

She was relieved to remember that that apartment was going to sell. Some bad times must stay there forever.

She then found a box, the only box she cared to carry, and opened it to find the complete collection of the books of a madman. And, though it brought back bad memories, she couldn't help but take one and sit on the balcony with a sigh.

All this took her mind to that night when Lauren had sat there with a death wish. Her heart shrunk in her chest and tears formed in her eyes that she tried to retain.

Camila could never describe the pain she felt that night.

Holding back her tears, she began to read Howe's book aloud. Perhaps the wind could take her words to someone who needed them.

"Poor fish! The sailor shouted. Poor sailor! The fish shouted. And they were poor together... And at the funeral there was a lifeless body, but the one who looked lifeless was the widow... Was she saved? the princess asked... Look! Apples! Pears! And you...

She didn't know exactly how long she was reading to the wind, but listening to her cell phone ring and watching the sunset she knew it was too much.

"Baby, is that you?... I know, I'm sorry. Time flew by... I'm in the apartment, love. And no, it doesn't feel good. I'm really grateful that Mike decided to sell it" Her voice was peaceful, as well as the gusts of wind hitting her face. A smile adorned her face, and she could finally feel completely happy "... Your shift at the sushi restaurant is over?... Fuck, I'm so sorry love. I know you wanted to eat next to me, but... have you really left it back at the restaurant?... Okay, I'll get it. I guess it'll be my way of saying sorry... I'll see you later?... Okay, I won't be long. I love you."