20

The sixth month an accident occurred.

After Lauren's long and tortuous stay in the cold mountains, she and Camila planned to reunite on the outskirts of Dope Tattoos. The occasion, however, was not as romantic as both had planned.

Clara would be taken for a medical check-up. She had contracted a terrible cold from the low temperatures, so Lauren decided to have her checked out when her father suggested that she take care of the ailing woman, her eldest daughter.

"Do you know where Troy is?" Lucy asked her before the tattoo artist got out of the store. Her red hair stood out in the studio "He went out a few hours ago to buy something, but he didn't come back. Simon is worried. He even left his things."

"Have you tried calling him yet?"

"He doesn't answer. I also texted Joy, but she knows as much as we do."

Joy and Troy didn't have an official relationship, but it was clear there was chemistry between them. Since he and Ally broke up, Camila haven't seen him smile as much as he did when the girl was by his side.

"I... I really have to go, Lucy. Lauren's waiting for me."

"I know. I didn't want to worry you. Surely he have fallen asleep, or time has passed him a little."

"Most likely. We already know Troy."

But for that very reason, Camila felt something was not right.

"Can you keep me informed, Lucy?"

"Of course. If that idiot comes back I'll even give him a few blows from you."

"I like the idea."

Camila laughed turned around, and, just as she was leaving, Lucy got her attention again.

"Are you really still a virgin with such a sexy girlfriend, Mila?"

Camila rolled her eyes. Her friend was an idiot.

***

Lauren was waiting for her outside of Dope Tattoos, against in her car with a cigarette in her mouth. She wore a green dress, plus matching shoes. Two bandages decorated her wrists, and the makeup she wore was less intimidating than ever.

More than cheering Camila up, it hurt to see her.

She hadn't expected such a different Lauren. Camila hadn't expected such a change.

"I really have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world" It was the first thing that the painter let out of her lips, and saying that was more an involuntary act than an attempt to seduce her.

The tattoo artist smiled as she let out a sigh. She looked different, but she was still the painter she had fallen in love with.

Her exterior had changed a bit, maybe too much, but she was still there. Her unicorn was there.

"It's also what I think when I see you, Lauren" Camila said with a smile before joining their lips for a few seconds. They'd missed contact after so many days.

Lauren's breath of cigarette smoke invaded Camila, and she mentally asked herself how much Lauren had smoked before seeing her. Still, she enjoyed the kiss as she had with all those they had shared.

Lauren's lips remained. Their taste. Their warmth. Their touch. Her head kept spinning, spinning in a sea of uncontrollable emotions, and she even felt that love had grown since the last time Camila had seen her.

"I love you, Camz. You can't understand how much, but I do" Her voice was subtle, delicate as a feather, and her tongue caressed Camila's name in a majestic act "I counted every damn day in those mountains because I really wanted to see you again."