just then, the traffic light turned green, and mark averted his attention on the road but this didn't stop chenle from continuing the topic. "court him."

the younger simply stated. "court him like you want to be his boyfriend."

the statement just made the older furrowed his brows, "but we're already soulmates."

"it's because of that hyung!" chenle suddenly shouted—not too loud—and playfully hit the older's arm, "if you keep telling donghyuck hyung that you guys are just soulmates made by the gods above and nothing more, of course, hyung would be acting that way." the younger paused only to continue, "if you can't tell him you're true feelings then at least show him! show him that you actually like him."

truth be told, chenle does know the time when mark rejected donghyuck's confession. he doesn't exactly remember every detail of the story but he remembered donghyuck accidentally telling him that mark rejected him when they were still kids.

chenle heard donghyuck side of the story, then now he finally heard mark's side of the story and it's honestly making his head hurt.

mark did something that's not actually wrong and it's just a misunderstanding but it surely did make the younger upset but donghyuck here never let mark explain his side, so who's the wrong one here? actually no one.

something inside mark's head snapped from reality as his mouth started dropping, he felt speechless. "oh." is the only word that came out from his mouth.

he felt chenle tapping his arm, "hyung, there's the bus stop," chenle pointed out of the window, and mark parked the car. "okie bye, bye now."

he slung his bag on his shoulder, grabbing the handle, he looked back at the older once again. "oh, by the way, donghyuck heard you saying 'i love you' to someone on the phone one time."

and with that, chenle hoped off the car, leaving mark with his mouth open, seems like he's about to ask something to chenle but too late then.

"so they were talking about me earlier?" mark asked himself, clearly talking about him accidentally eavesdropping chenle and donghyuck's conversation. "but to whom did i said that?"

think. think. think. mark keeps chanting that specific word inside his head as he constantly hits his forehead. he's still on the same spot where he dropped the younger, but he just had to remember when and who did he said that too.

"cool, now say it with me... 'i love you'.."

"i love you..."

"you didn't even said it sexy enough!"

mark shot his eyes open as the memory flashed inside his head. "lucas?!" he asked himself out loud, "i said that to luca—no shit, he has a boyfriend!"

mark then looked around inside his car as if he saw a ghost, "is that why he's not talking to me..."

the whole ride back then is just mark talking and asking himself if is that actually the reason why they're like this.