chapter twenty two

Start from the beginning

She pulled up to the club with a laugh escaping her lips. For there in front of the club sat Louis and Harry, nudging each other in the arms as a cigarette dangled in between Harry's lips. Harry looked annoyed as Louis spoke to him about something, the words silenced due the distance from the two the girl found herself at. When her car's headlights shined brightly in their faces, Louis shot up, smiling widely as he ran to greet Marley as she walked out of the car. Harry on the other hand stood up off the curb slowly, taking one last final drag of his cigarette as he rolled his eyes at Louis, throwing the bud on the ground before walking over towards the two.

"About fucking time," he huffed, swinging the back door open as he forcefully shoved Louis into the back seat.

"Oi," he yelled, flipping Harry off in the process as he narrowed his glazed over eyes. "Fuck off pal."

Harry scoffed as he slammed the door shut, Louis' shouts being muffled due to the thick metal before turning to Marley with a look she could only describe as pure annoyance. She cocked her head to the right in confusion; granted she wasn't expecting a warm greeting from the curly headed boy, but surely a better one than this.

"A thank you would suffice jackass," she muttered, watching him walk to the passenger side of the car. "It's almost 1:30 in the morning Harry."

"I can read a fucking clock," he retored, a smirk playing on his lips as he mimicked the words she had said to him a few days ago after ditching their training session.

She said nothing as she copied Louis' actions, simply raising her middle finger at the boy before stepping into the car.

She waited for a second, laughing to herself as Louis snickered behind her while watching Harry try to open the locked car door. Louis poked his hand through the center of the front seats, laying it flat in the air for Marley to high five. She understood the gesture, smacking his hand loudly as they continued laughing.

"Funny," he growled harshly, yanking on the door harder with each moment that passed. "I swear to god Marley I'm not in the mood, unlock the door or I'll rip it off myself."

She stayed still for a moment, deciding whether or not she wanted to push him any further before Louis spoke, "As much as I'm enjoying this love, I don't think we should test him tonight."

"Fine," she huffed, bringing her body to the other side of the car as she flipped the switch up, Harry roughly pulling the door open in mere seconds as she quickly jerked her body back.

"Are you okay?" Marley asked, her voice soft as Harry exhaled heavily through his nose, turning his head to look at her.

There was a small cut just above his eyebrow, another one similar next to his lip ring. Dried blood was traced around his bruised knuckles as a bruise was beginning to form just below his right eye.

He rolled his eyes dismissively as he spoke, "Just drive."

"Don't mind him Marley," Louis said, slumming down in seat as he closed his eyes, "Alec was at the bar tonight, started talking shit and Harry freaked out on him."

"Shut the fuck up Lou," he hissed, forcing his eyes straight ahead as the girl placed the car into drive.

"What did he say?" she asked, not caring what the question would do Harry.

"None of your business Marley, just drive the fucking car."

She rolled her eyes at him, turning down onto the road back to Louis' house before she slammed on the brakes in response to the boy shouting from the back, "Stop!"

"Jesus Lou," she said, placing her hand over her chest in hope to calm herself down.

"You can't take me to my house, my mum will kill me if she sees me like this," he explained, closing his eyes once again after his outburst.