Chapter 1: Ground Rules

"Ok. Wow, I have never seen anyone resist her before. The only other person was Drake, but then again he loves his wife, Kyra." Corinne is still in shock.

"Well, don't go lumping me into the same category of all meatheads. I like women with class, who don't throw themselves at every man." Liam huffs.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you." Corinne sighs. "Ok, let's get your stuff and get you to your bungalow. Do you have a car?"

"Yeah, I'm parked out front. I didn't know where to park." Liam pulls out his keys.

"Perfect, I assume your stuff in your car. We can drive to the bungalow and I can show which alley to use to get to the parking lot near your bungalow." Corinne says.

"Sure, you drive," Liam says as he tosses her the keys.

They walk outside and Corinne stops in her tracks. "Um, I'm not driving that."

"Why not? It is just a car." Liam furrows his brows.

"Just a CAR!!! Seriously? This is a 2020 Limited Edition, Wide wheelbase Range Rover." Corinne walks around the vehicle. "Seriously, 22" 7 split-spoke, Gloss Dark Grey rims. Sliding panoramic black contrast roof. I bet everything is heated too, am I right?"

"Yes, and I even have the tailgate event seating. Like I said, just a car. Now are we going to go, or are you going to tell me more about my car?" Liam smirks.

"I don't even have the insurance to breathe on this car, let alone drive it." Corinne frowns. "You really should put this in the garage and get a better car to be around here."

"Corinne, I'm not trying to brag, but this is my beater car. I don't know where I am going and I am sure you know these streets like the back of your hand. If I am going to act like I am from here, shouldn't I know the secrets of the roads and alleys?"

"FINE, but I am not liable for shit if something happens," Corinne grumbles, but inside she is giddy to be driving her dream car, but she cannot let Liam know this.

"Whatever you say, Princess. I will never hold anything against you." Except me. Liam says.

They get into the car and Corinne starts it up. The dash comes alive and as soon as she puts it into reverse the backup cam comes on. She sighs with relief. At least I won't back up into anything. Corinne takes a deep breath and tries to relax, she acknowledges that the chances of her being behind the wheel of a car like this again will be slim to none. So she might as well enjoy herself. Liam notices that she has relaxed and her handling of his car like it was made for her. She tells him the directions as she takes each turn. She finally turns down an alley that opens up into a parking lot. She gets out and puts the code into the garage and then gets back into the car. She pulls into the garage and turns off the car.

"Ok, this is the Penthouse Suite. You have a garage, of course. The instructions on how to reprogram are in the packet in the kitchen. I had the place cleaned. The dishwasher is new and so is the garbage disposal, you got a good one. You also have central air conditioning and heating. Mathew even had the ducts cleaned. You have all new appliances except for the washer and dryer. I will see if I can get those replaced. You will need to get a bed and some furniture though, we can go to a local store so that you can have it delivered today. I mean there is some furniture, but I don't think it will suit you." She says, then closes the garage and leads him into the bungalow.

Liam follows her and sees that the garage enters the bungalow through the mudroom/laundry room. They walk through the door on the left and enter the kitchen. "Well, what do you think?" She asks.