The MDC is on the Way!

Start from the beginning

CROWLEY: Ahem! Now, then, let us begin.
 It has now been two months since we have started preparations for the up and coming joint cultural festival.
Can you please give us an update as head planner, Rosehearts-kun?
RIDDLE: With pleasure. Everyone, please take a look at the papers in front of you.
We're still in the middle of accepting applications for representative students for some of the planned programs.
But we have finished evaluating applications for food and other craft booths.
KALIM: Hm? I understand the food booths, but why crafts?
RIDDLE: Clothing, ceramics, sculptures, paintings, and the like. It's the perfect chance for them to showcase and sell them.
 There are also booths for live paintings and some for indie movies, too.
KALIM: Whoa~! They all sound exciting and fun!
RIDDLE: The next item on the agenda is about the stage for the speech contest.
 We've decided on preparing three special stages within the College as well.
 The schoolyard will be for the Red Stage, the gymnasium will be for the Blue Stage, while the largest– the Colosseum will be for the Purple Stage.
RIDDLE: However, we're still in the middle of accepting interviews from the press, and...well
KALIM: What's with the troubled face, Riddle?

RIDDLE: The Purple Stage will be used for the music competition. In other words, the "Vocal & Dance Championship."
This is the only event that seems to be getting a lot of media attention...
AZUL: Ah, I think I know why.
 The Vocal & Dance Championship...
The VDC, as it is known, is very well a world-famous tournament where each school's great singers will be taking part in.
RIDDLE: I thought it would be a simple choral competition based from the title...
VIL: Indeed. When the VDC first started, it was no better than any school choral competition.
 But as the eras changed and as new genres were discovered, the music greatly improved together with the dances and performances.
 As a result, it's recently been called one's gateway to becoming a professional singer.
AZUL: And the audience gets to vote on the finalists in real time as well.
 The feeling of people appealing to the audience really excites a crowd, you see.
 And it is no exaggeration to say that this competition brings forth new stars.
 Moreover, Vil-san is a participant this year. It is no wonder that the press will be clamoring for interviews.
VIL: ... Hm...
RIDDLE: Is that so...?
AZUL: Oh, my. I had thought that our exceptional Riddle-san would be updated with the latest trends.
 I see that you're not aware of what transpires in the world Vil-san walks in.

Hazel: Azul. 
RIDDLE: You sure do like making people sound antagonistic, don't you?
 I am aware that Vil-senpai is in the entertainment industry.
AZUL: Oh, truly? Vil-san is a very popular celebrity who started off with fashion but has now ventured into movies even!
 He gets flooded with invitations whenever Fashion Week comes around.
 He was the number one runway model during last year's Autumn & Winter fashion collection.
 Moreover, he is one of the only high school students who have more than 5 million followers on his social media.
Anything he advertises gets sold out immediately, or so the rumors say.
 An influencer in every sense of the word indeed!
Hazel: Thinking (He's that popular, huh...)

VIL: Hm, you sure have a talent for baseless advertisement, Azul.

VIL: All of those are so perfectly natural they're not even worth bragging about. Can you stop exaggerating now?
IDIA: Oh, speaking of influencers... I heard that Neige LeBlanche would also be participating in this year's VDC.
It was really trending on the net a few days ago. Maybe the media wants in on that, too.
RIDDLE: Neige LeBlanche...? Ah, I do remember seeing that name in the applications list.
He's the 2nd year representative for Royal Sword Academy.