"listen..." she said with a sigh.

"I don't want you getting the wrong impression. While I appreciate what you did for me just now, I do have a boyfriend. A real boyfriend. Not to mention that I'm not your type."

Her assumption caused a wide smile to stretch across Pierces face revealing perfect teeth and a dimple that made her knees weak.

"Oh yeah? And does that computer tell you my type too?" he said playfully.

"You know what I mean," she said dryly.

"No, I don't think I do, because you are 150% my type."

She blew out a hard exasperated breath at his admission and reminded herself who he was. She had seen him there plenty of times, always with a different woman on his arm. He was a player in every sense of the word, but she wasn't a bimbo looking for a good time or a sugar daddy. She was a financially independent woman who was at her place of employment and he needed to be reminded of that.

"Despite what you may think, I'm not helpless. I'm not down on my luck working as a bartender. I double majored in finance and marketing, with a minor in hospitality and that is exactly what I do here. I see you here often, because I spend most of my time in the tower suites with our most important clients, hosting the most exclusive events. This club is my baby and my responsibility. And before you think I may check any of your other boxes, let me just stop you right there. I have a normal healthy family life with parents who love me and call me at least once a week, so no daddy issues either. I know all of this information must be a giant disappointment to you, but like I said...I'm not your type."

He held his entertained smile as she spouted off her accolades, completely unaffected by her lecture.

"Wow," he said with a laugh before he continued.

"If you think that anything you just said would make me want you less, you couldn't be more wrong. Your independence is wildly attractive and seeing that side of you only makes me want you more."

His eyes flashed with desire which was unexpected, as was the involuntary blush that flooded her cheeks. 

"But now it's my turn to surprise you."

She raised her eyebrows at him as she waited for his words with genuine interest.

"Despite what you may think, I respect you and your relationship. You're right, I am a frequent flyer here and often leave with different women, but you are wrong if you think I prey on weak minded women to try and take advantage of them. I would never do that. I am into mutual satisfaction and anything less than that is a no-go for me. It's no secret that I'm attracted to you, even more now after your little speech, but you have my word that I will leave it at that. If you say no, I hear no, and any run-ins we have in the future will be strictly friendship based."

Her jaw slacked open slightly before she righted her posture and blinked away her shock.

"Thank you. I appreciate that," she said with a hint of disappointment.

"It was nice to meet you Natalie," he said with a smile and a wink that made her stomach flip flop before he turned to leave for the evening.

Was it possible that I had been wrong about him?

She shook her head at the audacity of her own question. What did it matter if she was right or wrong about him. She had a boyfriend and she was happy. Wasn't she?

*****

A few hours later Natalie quietly opened the front door to Kenneth's lavish home, one that she had recently moved in to. Sliding her heels off at the door she tried to make as little noise as possible, but saw the light still on in his office.

Of course he's still working.

He was a money manager for a large firm and was the epitome of the phrase "money never sleeps."

"I thought you'd be in bed by now," she said as she entered his study.

"Well, you thought wrong." he said dryly, keeping his eyes glued to the green numbers and graphs on his screens.

He didn't even look at me.

Deciding to take matters into her own hands she reached back and unzipped her own dress, stepping out of it quietly as she made her way over to him. Sliding her hands over his shoulders and down his chest from behind, she brought her mouth to his ear.

"Come to bed with me." she whispered in a sexy voice.

Kenneth blew out an irritated breath as he peeled her hands off of his chest and spun his office chair around to face her.

"Natalie please don't be needy tonight. I'm up against a deadline and I don't have time for this shit." His tone was harsh and he held his hands palms out in a get-away-from-me stance.

His words sunk down into her heart, visibly deflating her spirit and giving her the sudden urge to cover her naked body that she had once been so proud of.

Grabbing her shoes and her dress she retreated upstairs and crawled into their king size bed alone with his words still echoing in her ears. 

 I don't have time for this shit...This shit? Is that what I am to him now? That's three months without sex so maybe it's true.

She covered herself in the plush comforter and let her tired eyes rest, allowing her thoughts to wander as she searched for sleep. Pierce's face flashed through her mind as she drifted which surprised her at first, but the more she thought about it, it really wasn't that surprising at all. 

*****************************

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter! I love to hear from you!