|Brianna and Jakey|

Mulai dari awal

"I see you've found the heated seat button." he then buckled up as well.

"Ya I have. My car is so bad, no heated seats in the winter, it's pretty cold when you don't have them fancy heated seats," I laughed, sinking down into the seat, also bunching up my black long coat to make me feel warmer. "I mean don't get me wrong, it's my dream car, I just have an older one, but it's perfect." My voice softened and got quieter as I got to the end of my sentence.

Jake then drove away from our apartment, every now and again his eyes shifted to me and snapped away.

"So, uh, where are we going?" I wiggled in my seat, a bit excited.

"We are going to a very nice place I had to get some connections with just to even get a table there."

"Must be a very popular place then, huh?" I looked over at Jake.

"Yeah, it is," He smiled before turning a corner. "And there it is Fogo de Chão!" Jake pointed to the restaurant we were going to with a big smile before it dropped.

Holes were being dug outside the restaurant on the sidewalk, burst pipes inside the building.

My heart sank, Jake did want our date to be special but his plans were ruined.

"Here, let's go see what happened." Jake pulled his car up to a spot in the street, taking the keys and the two of us getting out.

Jake held my hand as we crossed the icy street and he glanced back at his car, locking it, "Hey! Excuse me! Excuse me!" Jake managed to get the attention of a few construction workers. "What happened? We were supposed to have reservations here tonight?"

"Oh, the pipes in here burst and shot the electrical wiring, everything's gone."

"Oh, well, thanks." Jake half mumbled.

"Anytime pal."

Jake then took my hand once again to cross the icy street, back over to his car, which he unlocked. The two of us got into our seats and Jake had his elbow on the window, propping up his arm. His hand was rubbing his face.

"I'm sorry I didn't open the door for you," Jake said while scratching his eyes.

"It's ok Jakey, it's not your fault that this happened." I gestured to the restaurant out his window.

"I just really wanted this night to be perfect." He let out a deep sigh, uncovering his hand from his face, looking towards me.

I grabbed his hand and put it in mine, lacing our fingers together, "Don't worry, it already has been perfect, being here with you has been enough besides I know a place we can go to."

"K, where?" Jake shook his head.

"The Spaghetti Factory." I bounced in my seat slightly, I wanted to go to dinner there with Jake tonight.

"Ok, Spaghetti Factory it is!" He smiled, obviously being optimistic.

Jake turned on the car, inputted the directions to the GPS, obviously not going there before, we buckled up and left our parking space on the side of the road.

When arriving, Jake opened my door for me, taking my hand, helping me out.

We walked over to the restaurant, and since we were dressed up all fancy, there were a bunch of people looking at us since they were in regular clothes, but I didn't care and neither did Jake.

The two of us made our way to the reservation post and Jake put us down for a table which was a 20-minute wait since we never had reservations prior and it was a busy night. The hostess gave us a little buzzer before we went back into Jake's car where it was less noisy, crowded, and we could talk without yelling at each other.