[ t h i r t y e i g h t ]

Start from the beginning

"Derek is there for no reason at all," whispered Amelia under her breath.

Allison rolled her eyes before continuing. "We need to do this."

• • •

When Amelia walked into the kitchen, she saw Kira pulling out a katana out of her bag, making the girl open her eyes widely.

"Scott get down!" She yelled before jumping towards Kira, while Scott started stammering.

"No, Amelia! She's trying to help!"

But Amelia had already pushed Kira's weapon aside and had placed her hands behind her back, squeezing tightly her wrists as Kira was gasping for air, and groaning in pain.

"Amelia, get off of her! She wasn't trying to hurt me!"

"What?" Amelia ask before letting go of Kira's wrist, standing up from the floor. "With a katana?"

Kira slowly turned around, trying to catch her breath as she looked towards Scott and Amelia.

"Okay, so I might be a little inexperienced with face-to-face combat... but I really can help." Kira picked up her katana from the floor and slowly stood up. "Watch..."

She moved around using the katana, standing in different positions as she moved it around, making Amelia raise her eyebrows.

"Wow..."

Kira stopped moving, extending her arm before slowly standing up straight, looking at the two with a tiny smile.

"Okay, you're coming," told her Scott while Amelia nodded, smiling a bit.

• • •

Amelia was kneeling down, hiding, next to Scott, Kira and Allison, looking how the armored van was being filled with the evidence from the evidence room.

"Okay, you're up," Allison told Kira and the girl nodded.

They saw as Kira ran towards the van quickly, placing the GPS tracker underneath the van and giving the group a thumbs up.

Right before Parrish got out of the door and she had to hide behind one of the wheels of the van, making Amelia exhale.

"We have to do something," Scott said to Allison and Amelia.

But someone got out of the van, grabbing Parrish by the head and smashing it against the door of the van, leaving him unconscious on the floor.

Amelia quickly put an arrow on her bow as Scott slowly whispered.

"Who the hell is that?"

"Kincaid," replied Allison and Amelia exhaled.

"I assume the bad guy..."

She saw as Kincaid took out the finger from the bag, and Amelia was about to shoot when Scott stopped her, telling her to follow him instead.

She continued to aim at the guy's head, same did Allison, as Scott talked to the man.

"We need that finger," told him Scott, making Kincaid turn around.

He noticed Allison and Amelia aiming their weapons at him.

"Why should I give it to you?"

"Because she's an Argent and I'm a Sealgair," talked Amelia, raising her eyebrows. "We're not here to play."

Kincaid dry swallowed before looking towards Allison when she began talking.

"There's a briefcase in there with one hundred and fifty thousand dollars in it."