[ t h i r t y e i g h t ]

Start from the beginning

• • •

"But we have two problems now," said Deaton to Argent on the phone as Amelia started biting her nails. "First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days."

Amelia was standing next to Scott while he was next to Allison, listening to Argent talking through the phone at the station.

"But while it does work the oni won't go after Stiles, right?"

"I hope. Eichen House had an unusual history," started telling Deaton. "It might not be all that safe for the oni there as well."

"What's the second problem?" Questioned Argent.

"I checked with your contacts in Japan. The yakuza boss you saw killed by the oni never found the scroll."

"What scroll?" Asked Amelia before biting her nails again.

Her manicure was all destroyed.

"A Shugendo Scroll," explained Deaton. "The Shugendo were ascetic mystics of Japan."

"The scroll had information on how to exorcise a nogitsune." Amelia exhaled deeply.

"So we need to find that scroll?" Questioned Amelia.

"Exactly," replied Deaton. "And I did get the name of the man who last purchased it. Kincaid."

"He was with Katashi," talked Allison, making Amelia and Scott look at her. "He's the guy who met with Isaac to buy the gun."

"Sounds like Katashi wanted the scroll for himself," mentioned Deaton.

"But Stilinski already told me nothing like it was found among his things. And a paranoid like Katashi would keep it close. Probably on his at all times."

And Amelia had an idea.

"What does a Shugendo Scroll look like?" Amelia questioned to Deaton.

He grabbed a scroll from a drawer and showed it to her. "Something like this."

"Uhm... Do these come in different sizes?" The girl asked again.

"Any size," he replied, confused.

"Amelia, you got an idea?"

The girl nodded. "Katashi was the guy with the silver thing in his pinky, right?" Allison nodded. "Then I think I might know where it is."

• • •

Allison opened the door of her apartment, letting Scott, Amelia and the twins inside.

"My father said all of the Katashi evidence is being moved to a federal lockup by armored car tonight," explained Allison as they followed her through the hallway. "Probably within the next few hours."

"That can't be good," commented Amelia.

She saw as Lizzie and Lydia were standing there, and her sister was holding a crossbow.

"We're going to rob an armored car?" Asked Ethan and Amelia looked towards Lydia.

"Well," she started, "we're going to try."

Allison turned around to look at Amelia. "We will need your cousin's help.

"Dahlia? The psycho lunatic mass-murderer with the God complex? She's at Eichen House." Scott looked at her, confused. "You honestly believed I would let Stiles go to that horrible place without someone in the inside."

"And you sent Dahlia," mentioned Scott. "Dahlia," he repeated, and she nodded.

"As I said," she cut him off. "Psycho lunatic mass-murderer with a God complex. I can't think of anyone better than her to send to that place."