TWENTY-THREE, starting over.

Start from the beginning

He looked at her meaningfully, only to see her give him a dry look.

"You've said the word 'shit' a total of 3 times-"

"Actually, twice. The first time was crap."

Jennie rolled her eyes, "Okay, so you said multiple variations of shit-"

"Multiple? It was only two, Jen."

"Oh, shut up," she groaned, "You're so annoying."

"Me? Annoying? Rich coming from someone who responded very sarcastically to my meaningful paragraph."

The girl snorted at that, "Right."

She turned serious, admitting softly, "I didn't know what to say, that's all."

"It's okay," he gave her a reassuring smile, leaning his head against the sofa as well.

"I guess," she started, "If it's all good between us. As in, we can leave whatever happened behind us- Like, I am willing to do so-"

"Wait, wait - Does that mean-"

"Yes, Jimin, I already told you forget about the whole restaurant thing," she sighed impatiently.

He looked hesitant, "If you say so."

"You're already providing me with a roof over my head and supplying practically my every need, so, I really can't hold it against you anymore."

"You should, though."

"Just shut up," she rolled her eyes playfully, "We are not going through this again."

Jimin chuckled, inching his face closer to hers, "Okay."

She smiled, revealing her gums, melting his insides with her cuteness successfully.

After a few moments of staring at each other, Jennie started again, "So,"

"So?"

"I was thinking," she cleared her throat nervously, "Wait, but, if you're not okay with it, we can just pretend I never asked this question, this conversation never happened, and I never existed. Okay? Okay."

Jimin laughed, "Calm down, Jen. I'm sure all that won't be needed, just ask."

"Do you... Doyouwanttotryagain?"

He blinked slowly, "Wait... what?"

"I'm not repeating that."

"Wait no-" he caught her hand, "Please."

"No."

"I'll go on my knees."

"Okay then, go."

Jimin was actually about to get off the sofa when the brunette stopped him, sighing, "You piece of shit. Can't you ever hear properly?"

"Apparently not," he grinned cheekily.

"Clearly."

She looked at him exasperatedly, "I asked, would you mind trying... 'us' again?"

For a second his face remained expressionless.

Then a slow but genuine smile spread across his face. It reached his eyes, which became the signature crescents with crinkles at the corners. Jennie's heart thudded violently within her ribs.

"Of course. I... I was actually planning to ask you that today too," he admitted shyly.

She chuckled, leaning close to his face, "Glad my feelings are reciprocated then."

"Yeah," he echoed, bopping her nose with his.

Before either could pull away, Jennie cupped the side of his face and pulled his face closer to hers, pressing her lips against his plump ones.

Her fingers traced his jawline before reaching out to muss his hair as she dominated the kiss. Jimin enveloped her waist in her arms, pulling her close. Her legs were halfway onto his lap as her hands gripped onto his soft hair tightly.

Jennie bit Jimin's lower lip gently, causing his lips to part with a breathy gasp. Just as she was about to-

"Ewww Mommy!"

The two adults immediately break apart, lips swollen, hair messy, and cheeks warm.

Both stared flabbergasted at the small boy in front of them, as they desperately tried to put space between them.

"S-Seo Ha," Jennie finally managed to breathe out, forcing her cheeks to calm down, "Why aren't you asleep?"

"I'm not getting sleep," he rubbed his eye drowsily, walking tiredly towards the couch and climbing onto it.

He looked innocently at Jimin, "What was Uncle Jimin and Mommy doing?"

At that, the man's cheeks coloured again instantly. And so did Jennie's. The kid was purposely putting them in an embarrassing situation in front of him.

"Nothing important, Seo Ha," Jennie reassured, lifting him onto her lap.

Jimin shot her a sullen look when she said it was nothing important, and she stifled a giggle.

"How about we all go sleep? You have school tomorrow, honey."

"I don't want to go school. I'm lazy," the child whined, clutching his mother's shirt in his tiny fists.

"Well, you don't have a choice, young man."

Seo Ha pouted as Jennie gently flicked his forehead.

"Let's all go sleep," she said, carrying him in her arms and standing up, motioning to Jimin.

"How about we all sleep together?"

Jennie raised her eyebrow, but then smiled, "Why not?"

"Yay..." Seo Ha mumbled, already falling asleep in his mother's arms. Jimin chuckled, ruffling his son's head.

The contentment both adults felt at that moment was immeasurable.

"C'mon, Jen," He put his hand at the small of her back casually, like he used to, but butterflies still erupted in her stomach, "Let's go sleep."

×××

unedited.

i suck at writing kiss scenes fml.

okay this wasn't my best chapter and i feel like the whole talking and forgiving went too fast. i will edit and elaborate it later with a clearer mind, i promise.

also, my exams are starting on thurs. i'm sorry but i don't know how long it will be until the next update. not too long, but it may not be within a week :( nevertheless, o hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! please wait for me <3