Chapter 10

10

____

Another week passes by, Soojin is almost ready for her official debut, and so is Yoongi's latest album. work's kept both of them busy, so they've seen less and less of each other, barely even at night.
Although deep down she misses his company but she finds it a bit easier to avoid everything that happened last week in order to evade any further complications.

•••

It's half an hour past midnight and Yoongi's just now going back home. He turns the corner that leads to the gated community where he lives. He rubs his eyes as he passes a convenience store that suddenly reminds him of Milk! He dials a number and puts it on speaker phone as he focuses back on the road.

"uhh, hello?" a quavering voice speaks on the other side.

"did i wake you?" He asks in a low voice smiling to himself.

"ahh no i- well kind of" She let's out a breathy laugh. "is everything okay?" Soojin asks a bit more alert.
"yeah, everything's fine. i'm on my way home. can you check the fridge for milk? i thought we ran out!" he asks slowing the car as the next grocery store comes into view.

"okay, let me check" She replies and he waits.

"um no there isn't any" Soojin says holding back a yawn in her voice.

"alright. now go back to sleep. i'll be back in a few." He says before they both hang up.

Since it's pretty late in the night, and the surroundings are not crowded, Yoongi only puts his cap on and walks in the store. He grabs a couple gallons of milk, some sodas, and two six packs.
He pays as fast as he can and then walks out towards the car, keeping his head low.

"hey sir!" a voice calls out from behind him, and Yoongi thinks it must be the shop worker and he must've left something. he looks over his shoulder but sees no one, except a dark figure standing further in the shadows in the alley by the shop.
He fully turns around and takes a few steps towards the figure before they turn around and leave.
Yoongi can't help the uneasy feeling forming in his stomach but he gathers himself, turns back and leaves.

•••

He puts the groceries away before getting himself a beer. he walks toward his room as he sips the drink. the voice keeps repeating in his ears and there's something familiar about it, but he's so tired he can't quite place it. and to be honest these days a lot of reporters and paparazzis follow him around so he doesn't think much about it.

He stops by the guest bedroom before opening the door quietly. Soojin is fast asleep and almost hidden under the covers. he dares himself and walks in. stopping right next to the bed. He thinks to himself how in such short time he's come to admire the hell out of this girl. and how he'd do anything just to see her at ease like this.

as her breaths easily come and go in a slow rhythm, he reaches out and pushes a few strays of hair out of her face. at the slight sensation she scrunches her nose and moves her head, but still doesn't wake up. Yoongi smiles silently as he walks back out the door and goes to his room just in time before his heart bursts out of his chest.

•••

Across the bar sits a young woman dressed in all designer clothes. her hair fashoined in a low bun, her eyes made up with a perfect eye liner, and her lips a daring red look.
She takes a slow sip from her afternoon martini, as she scribbles furiously in her notebook with her free hand.

"hmm, you said it's a deep and emotional album right? but what's the message behind it? where is the source of this depth?" She looks expectantly at Soojin who looks at her dumbfounded. she feels overwhelmed by the amount of knowledge the reporter has about her album compared to herself!