•Chapter Twenty Nine• Unexpected turn...

Start from the beginning

Once the coast was clear, she returned back to where she just was—her lips trembling. "Spit it out" Luca snapped, staring down at a bloody faced Rocco.

Rocco chuckled while very slowly lifting himself up from the ground, his shirt was ripped and Kimberly could see a few tattoos on his shoulder. "She was a fighter your mother, I can tell you that for sure"

Luca's jaw clenched, his fists curling. He was holding back every ounce of strength to not just kill this man on the spot...but Kimberly's face kept appearing in his mind, would she ever forgive him if he where to kill her father?

But those thoughts very quickly disappeared when Rocco said his next set of disgusting words, "She was begging for me to stop, to spare her..."

Luca felt himself growing heavy with heartache at the thought of his mama begging for her life.

"She looked, deep into my eyes" Rocco continued.

Kimberly's stomach was twisting as she carefully watched through the small gap, her heart aching at how pale Luca's face had suddenly turned.

"It really surprised me, the last words she had said...it was quite selfless, no it was very selfless" Rocco walked a little closer to Luca, but Luca had suddenly been so clouded and hurt by the thought of his dead mother, that he began stumbling backwards on his feet, his vision blurry.

Kimberly grew concerned when Rocco suddenly and very harshly gripped Luca's shirt, she saw that Luca wasn't reacting, only staring at the floor. "I held her, just like this" Rocco seethed, his hand reaching into Luca's pocket...

"Then she whispered, 'don't take me from my children..." Rocco snarled, followed by a laugh. "Maybe she should of spoke up a little..."

"Or maybe, you can go and join her" He gripped Luca's gun and pulled it from his pocket, resting the cold metal against Luca's scull—Luca was still frozen in place, almost like he wasn't even inside his own body anymore.

"Any last words?" Rocco chuckled.

"Yes, fuck you! You bastard" Kimberly yelled, her figure charging towards her father, Rocco spun around—only to be dived on by Kimberly.

She had no idea what had possessed her body as she found herself rolling around on the floor with Rocco, both of them struggling for the gun he had in his hand—time seemed to have paused, her small hand finally gripped the unfamiliar feel of the gun in her hands and she jumped up, pointing it down at him.

His cold eyes bored into hers, Kimberly's body was full with adrenaline when she suddenly muttered.

"You don't deserve any last words, 'Dad'..."

BANG BANG BANG.

The loud sounds snapped Luca from his sad and dazed state, his mouth gape open as he came to sense with his surroundings. The sound of a gun falling to the floor made him snap his head to his left to see Kimberly frozen in place.

"I-Ive I've killed him" The words left Kimberly's mouth in a stutter, she stared down at her hands.

"Oh my God" she sobbed, "I've just killed him" she shook her head in disbelief, "I k-killed someone"

Luca ran to her side, her shaking body instantly collapsed into his warmth. Everything suddenly becoming so silent as they both looked at the dead body, the body that belonged to Rocco...screams left Kimberly as she buried her face into Luca's chest.

"I'm a murderer" She cried, gripping onto Luca's shirt as tight as she possibly could.

"No" Luca shook his head, pulling her up so she was looking into his eyes, "You are a saviour, my saviour"

Kimberly only looked up at Luca, salty tears streaming down her face. She tried her best to ignore the sounds of Luca's men, who had entered the room after hearing the gun shots and where now carrying out the bloody body. "He was going to kill me" Luca said, his thumb wiping away Kimberly's tears.

"Amore, you saved me and not just physically, but mentally too" He whispered as her glassy eyes looked into his.

"Kimberly, you're my angel in the hell..."

•••