•Chapter Twenty Three• "Let her go..."

Kimberly's Pov -

Luca slung his jacket over my shoulders once I finally got my dress back on, the material was sticking to my soaking wet body as I shivered.

Multiple gun shots and shouting where heard again and my hand flew over my mouth, stopping my screams that where desperately trying to escape.

Luca was now on his phone, speaking in Italian and once he ended it, he pulled his gun from his pocket—snapping it into place.

He noticed how I flinched at the sound of his gun clicking, his lips forming a frown. Within a second, he was stood right in front of me. "I promise i'm going to get you out of here safely, I have a car on it's way right now to collect you"

"W-wait, only me..." I stuttered, my eyebrows furrowing. "Your not coming with me?"

When he shook his head no, my eyes welled up with salty tears. "Y-you can't leave me, please Luca" I reached out to grip his hands. "I'm a-afraid"

His arms instantly wrapped around me, pulling me into him as I sobbed—trying to tune out the loud bangs and screams coming from the top of the hill.

"I'm so sorry, amore. But I need you to be safe"

There was no need to ask why he was sorry, because I already knew when he lifted me and slung me over his shoulder...

He was running now, one of his arms holding me in place. To shocked to even open my mouth to speak, I tightly shut my eyes not wanting to see what was going on—the gun shots, screams and shouting growing louder and louder.

Before I knew it, I was back on my feet and being pushed into a car. "Luca! please don't leave me" I screamed but he quickly shut the door once I was inside, my tear filled eyes eagerly searching out of the window.

The car sped of just as I caught a glimpse of Luca, running inside his uncles house with his gun raised. I cried, my hands banging onto the tinted window.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled at the driver, wiping away my tears with the sleeve of Luca's jacket. "We can't just leave him back there, turn around"

Now tasting my own tears—the doctor side of me suddenly kicked in, when I saw people rolling around on the ground in pain, bloody wounds on someone of them, as we drove past.

"And those people, they could die! We need to call an ambulance, I-I can stop the blood until they return—I'm a surgeon. Goddamn it, will you just stop!"

The driver only continued to drive away. "T-turn around" I sobbed and slammed down into my seat, my wet hair sticking to my face.

"I'm sorry miss but boss ordered for me to get you back safely, I truly cannot stop" The driver spoke over my loud crying, the car now scurrying away with an unimaginable amount of speed...

-
Luca's Pov -

"Luca!" My papa yelling my name, filled my ears as soon as I entered my uncles house.

Dodging the bullets that where flying in hundreds of different directions—I jogged over to him, both of us hiding behind the kitchens counter. "Papa, it's the Russians. They know I've brought Kimberly to Italy"