Chapter 16: The Breakup

A/N:a I don't have much to say about this chapter, because I don't want to give it away. As you can see by the title, someone's going to breakup with someone else. Who do you think it will be? You'll just have to wait and see. keep readin! <3

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUIS! 21 YEARS YOUNG!

****

*Rachel's POV*

I sigh as I walk into my room.

It has been two days since I've come home from the hospital, and since Louis has announced to the public that we're officially dating.

All I've been getting is hate, and frankly, I'm sick of it. Niall's sweet and helpful tweet definitely seemed to work when it came to Miley. I, however, was still receiving mass amounts of hateful messages every day. It doesn't seem like its going to stop anytime soon either.

Along with this, the tabloids have been blowing up with stories about me, as well. Liam Payne's sister taking a trip to the hospital and then announcing a relationship with one of his bandmates had really sparked up a conversation.

Despite all of this noise, I'm still trying to find some quiet and solace in my life. This morning, I spent a few hours sitting in the window seat of my room, sketching out designs for some gowns I've been wanting to sew. I listened to some music by myself and sipped a cup of iced coffee that I grabbed from Starbucks, and spent the morning in my small but cozy room.

I'm currently sat in my window seat with my hair tied back, browsing on my laptop and sipping my Mocha Latte. Despite all of the peaceful alone time I've had today, the words of hate comments keep tugging at me. I let my finger hover over the Safari logo on my MacBook before hesitantly clicking. While logging into twitter, I can't help but wonder if maybe there's some good news to read about.

Sadly, I have no such luck. Dozens of new messages have come in for me. Don't get me wrong, a few are sweet. I favorite the tweets that are supportive of Lou and I's relationship, letting the accounts know I appreciate them. Despite this glimmer of positivity, some fan accounts are really laying the insults on thick, hitting below the belt at times.

@LoveTommo:

ok so like Liam's sister?? starting to look kinda desperate the way she hangs around with the band and tries to get fame from them

This comment makes me cringe and feel extremely guilty for some reason, which it shouldn't. I mean, am I really being shamed for who my brother is? And who my friends are?

@HazzasLarry:

I've seen videos of Rachel Payne singing and tbh I don't think she's that good. like she's meh. but girl stop piggybacking on your brother's fame lmaooo and dating his friends too

I grew up singing alongside Liam. I was never as passionate about it as he was, so I never pursued it the way he did. However, there are some old videos of me performing when I was younger online, just like there are of Liam. I'm already embarrassed of them. It's beginning to feel like dating Louis is causing a deep investigation into my personal life by directioners.

@NiallsLeprechaun:

I just wonder if Louis even likes Rachel or if it's just a fling and they'll be done within a month or two. tbh I wouldn't be surprised if she was using him as a claim to fame.

I normally either fail to see comments like this or I ignore them. However, 'Rachel Payne' just happens to be the number one trending topic in the UK as of an hour ago. Next to that are 'Louis Tomlinson' and 'Liam Payne' the comments under these threads are just as bad.