𝟶𝟸𝟺-𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚜

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

Umbridge became the Headmistress almost immediately and Marilyn's dislike of the toad only grew. She had also formed the Inquisitorial Squad, a group of students (mostly Slytherins) who had more power than prefects. Malfoy was about the cruellest of the lot of them and took particular pleasure in taking points from muggle-borns simply for being muggle-borns.

Marilyn had taken to doing her best to get students out of trouble. She was walking down the corridor one day when she noticed that Malfoy had cornered a group of second years who seemed terrified of him.

"Malfoy," she said sharply, approaching him.

Malfoy's head snapped toward her and the second years took the chance to escape and scurried away, looking thankfully at Marilyn whose expression was the blank mask it had been every year previous to the current one.

"Who are you?" Malfoy sneered, but his eyes kept darting to hers, evidently noticing the similarities between them and his own.

"I'm Marilyn," she informed him. "Just because you have the power to dock points now, does not mean that you should be abusing that power to make younger students fear you."

Malfoy sneered at her. "Of course it does, and Marilyn what?"

"My last name is absolutely none of your business, though I'm sure you would find it quickly enough if you looked on your family tree." She said, sneering right back at him in a way reminiscent to his own.

Malfoy's eyes widened in shock as his cousin spun on her heel and stalked back down the corridor, disappearing around the corner in a swirl of black and blue robes.

She continued on her way and stopped in her tracks as she noticed Fred and George Weasley shoving a Slytherin into a Vanishing Cabinet.

"What on earth are you doing?" She barked, making them whirl around before relaxing upon noticing who it was.

"Well, he tried to dock points from us—" Fred began.

"—so we shoved him in the Vanishing Cabinet, as you can see."

"You do realize, I could dock points for causing deliberate harm to another student, right? Or give you detention?" Marilyn said, eyeing them disapprovingly.

"We've decided we don't care about getting into trouble anymore." 

"Right. So what now?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, now —" said George. 

"— what with Dumbledore gone —" said Fred. 

"— We reckon a bit of mayhem —" said George. 

"— is exactly what our dear new Head deserves," said Fred. 

"And you're fine with getting expelled?" She asked them and they both nodded.

"We don't care about staying anymore. We'd walk out right now if we weren't determined to do our bit for Dumbledore first. So anyway," he checked his watch, "phase one is about to begin. I'd get in the Great Hall for lunch if I were you, that way the teachers will see you can't have had anything to do with it." 

"If anyone asks, I didn't see you shove Montague in that cabinet, in fact, I was never here at all. Good luck," She said and then hurried away.

"I knew we liked you for a reason, Mary!" George called after her, grinning mischievously.

Marilyn hurried into lunch, feeling thoroughly amused. She could not wait for whatever it was the twins were planning.

It turned out, she didn't have to wait long at all, because minutes after she sat down at the Ravenclaw table for lunch, there was a loud BOOM and the ground shook.