𝟶𝟷𝟷-𝙳𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚢

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

A few days after Sirius almost being caught by that horrible toad, Marilyn heard from Marvolo, who heard from Katie, who heard from Angelina, who heard from Harry that they were going to be having their very first meeting on the seventh floor across from the tapestry of Barnabas the Barmy being clubbed by trolls. Marvolo had been giddy when he told her and both Gaunt twins had beat themselves up about not remembering about the room in the first place seeing as they had used it to become animagi in their third year.

At around seven o'clock, Marilyn was wandering the corridors of the castle on her own in the time before the meeting. Tom was walking quietly next to her, both of them lost in thought.

"Did you ever find the Room of Requirement when you were in school?" She asked as they rounded a corner on the fourth floor.

Tom frowned momentarily before nodding, "Yes, yes I did. There are quite a few useful things there." He said and she nodded quietly. "Do you truly think you'll learn anything from Potter?"

"Not really," she said, cocking her head, "But most of the other people will and it can't hurt to go. Maybe I'll end up helping Harry control everyone." 

Tom nodded, a smirk crossing his face. "Perhaps, they would definitely listen to you, you know."

She only shrugged. She knew most of the people in the school would listen to her, she just had that effect on people. Her presence alone demanded attention and respect and the other students gave it to her, not yet having a reason not to. She sincerely doubted they would respect her if they knew she was cousin to Lord Voldemort, the one they were all so against. 

Marvolo demanded a different sort of respect and presence when he entered a room. Everyone knew he was a pranking legend, and he drew attention to himself just acting in the ridiculous way he did. 

The Gaunt twins were quite different from each other in personality, but they were just the same if one were to look close enough. One thing about them that never changed as they got older was that neither one of them would hesitate to do serious harm to anyone who laid a hand on the other twin.

She made her way up to the Room of Requirement and immediately paced back and forth three times, thinking of what she wanted the room to take the form of. She stepped inside when the door appeared and nodded appreciatively to herself as she looked around.

The room was spacious and lit with flickering torches like those that illuminated the dungeons eight floors below. The walls were lined with wooden bookcases, and instead of chairs, there were large silk cushions on the floor. A set of shelves at the far end of the room carried a range of instruments such as Sneakoscopes, Secrecy Sensors, and a large, cracked Foe-Glass that Marilyn had noticed hanging the previous year, in the fake Moody's office during the previous year. 

Her eyes trailed back to the bookshelves and she crossed the room in three paces to look at the titles.

A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions...The Dark Arts Outsmarted...Self-Defensive Spellwork...Jinxes for the Jinxed.

Yes, these would be the types of books that Harry could make use of in the lessons Marilyn was certain he had been subconsciously planning from the moment she and Hermione had brought up the idea.

Not too long after Marilyn had entered the room, the door opened again to reveal Harry, Ron, and Hermione who looked around the place in awe.

"Oh, hello Marilyn," Hermione said upon noticing the older girl.

"Hello." She replied.

"Have you been here before?" Harry asked interestedly, looking at her as well.