𝟶𝟷𝟽-𝙰 𝙷𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚛𝚞𝚡 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

On Christmas day, Marilyn woke up from her hour and a half of sleep to find Kreacher hovering over her. She yelped slightly as she sat up and looked questioningly at the house-elf.

"Er-hello, Kreacher. Happy Christmas." She said, giving the elf a small smile.

Kreacher returned her smile instantly. She was one of the few people he actually liked, and it helped very much that she was about as pure-blooded as one could get. She wasn't entirely sure how Kreacher knew that, but then again, a house-elf's magic was very powerful.

"Happy Christmas, Mistress Marilyn." He croaked before pushing a box into her hands. "Kreacher knows Mistress Marilyn is a true Slytherin, so Kreacher thought Mistress Marilyn might want this. It was Master Regulus' and Kreacher was hoping Mistress Marilyn could destroy it?" 

Regulus materialized beside her as she cautiously took the box. She had a hypothesis as to what was inside and judging from Regulus's grave expression, she was right. She carefully opened the box and her stormy eyes landed on the locket of Salizar Slytherin. Her face remained carefully blank as she picked it up, dangling it in front of her as she looked at it.

After a minute of observing the necklace, Marilyn closed her fist around it and stood up, moving to her wardrobe, which she picked up a wrapped box from and handed to Kreacher, who looked at her with wide eyes as he took it.

Marilyn sat back down on her bed and watched as Kreacher opened the box. Inside, was an old heirloom ring with the Slytherin crest etched on it. It was an heirloom in the Gaunt family, but she nor Marvolo had any use for it and had agreed to give it to Kreacher, knowing how much he liked heirlooms. Kreacher marvelled at the ring for a minute before throwing his arms around Marilyn and hugging her tightly. Her eyes widened slightly, but she hugged the emotional house-elf back for a moment before letting go.

"Thank you, Mistress Marilyn. Kreacher will treasure his ring." He said, discreetly wiping what looked like tears from his eyes.

Marilyn gave the old elf a genuine smile. "Of course, Kreacher. And thank you very much for this locket, I'll do my best to destroy it, but unfortunately, I think it's best I wait a few years for the war to be in full swing before I do or Voldemort might sense it and hide the others in places Harry will never find." She said, glancing at Regulus over her shoulder.

The ghost nodded approvingly, he agreed wholeheartedly with her statement. It would be terrible if Voldemort found out that anyone knew about his Horcruxes. At least for a few years. 

"Tell Kreacher I'm proud of him and very grateful," Regulus said softly, looking at the house-elf fondly.

Marilyn nodded and turned back to Kreacher. "Kreacher, I have a message from Regulus," she said and Kreacher perked up immediately, listening intently. "He says that he is very proud of you and that he is very grateful for all you've done." She recited.

Kreacher burst into tears as he hugged the Gaunt girl again before fleeing from the room. Marilyn looked after him for a moment and then shrugged, opening her palm to look at the locket again. She could sense the magic from the Horcrux, but she also knew it would have no effect on her. She was on pure Slytherin blood, and even if Voldemort wanted the piece of his soul attached to the object to do her harm, the magic from Slytherin would counter it. Technically, the locket was just a piece of jewellery for her.

She slipped the locket over her neck and stared at it a moment more before tucking it under her robes and standing up. She then noticed the pile of presents at the end of her bed and her eyes widened slightly as she made her way over to them and sat down, opening them.