𝟶𝟶𝟾-𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

Marilyn made sure she was gone long before Umbridge woke up and she ended up wandering to Myrtle's bathroom.

"Myrtle?" She asked, walking inside.

Almost immediately, the ghost popped up out of a cubicle and looked at her inquisitively. 

"Who are you?" She asked suspiciously.

"I'm Marilyn," she replied.

"Well, Marilyn, why are you in my bathroom at four in the morning?" She questioned.

Marilyn had heard that the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets was in Myrtle's bathroom, and she had more than one reason for wanting to go down there.

"I wanted to say hello and I wanted to go see if that giant snake's body is still down there." She said and Myrtle's eyes widened.

"You want to go down into that chamber thingy?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows. 

Tom appeared beside Marilyn looking regretfully at Myrtle, whose death he had ended up being responsible for. 

"Yes," she said and Myrtle shrugged.

"Okay, I mean, I don't know why you would want to do that when the giant snake is dead, but I suppose it won't hurt. The entrance is on that sink." She pointed to a cracked sink and Marilyn strode over to it, peering at it. She noticed the snake engraving almost immediately and straightened, feeling pleased.

"Thank you, Myrtle." She said and Myrtle beamed.

"You're welcome. You can come back anytime you know, you actually seem nice," she said.

Marilyn nodded and Myrtle disappeared back into her toilet while Marilyn looked back at the snake.

"Open," she hissed and stepped back.

She watched with raised eyebrows as the chamber slowly opened and then glanced at Tom, who looked very proud.

"How is it you found this chamber anyway?" She asked, peering down the shute, "It's in the girl's lavatory."

Tom scowled at her insinuation and crossed his arms, "I used snakes. They explored the castle from inside the pipes and reported back to me." He said.

Marilyn's eyebrows rose and she nodded, considering it. It was actually rather brilliant. Tom noticed her expression and smirked. He knew it was brilliant-he had come up with it.

"Hmm," Marilyn muttered, "I may have to try that sometime."

Then, she cast a spell on herself that would repel the dirt and grime down in the chamber and jumped down the shute. 

After a while of sliding, she ended up in the chamber and hopped up. She walked for a bit and came across a wall of rocks that appeared to have avalanched. She raised her hands and concentrated. Within minutes, the rocks had resealed themselves into the walls and ceiling and there were no signs it had ever collapsed.

She continued on and opened the second door without a second thought before entering the actual chamber. She looked around and felt rather impressed, to be honest. Her ancestor had a good sense of what worked architecturally. The chamber was huge and her eyes fell almost immediately on the huge statue of Salizar Slytherin.

She scoffed, apparently, arrogance was a family trait. She would even admit that she could be arrogant at some times and Marvolo definitely could. Her eyes fell next on the huge basilisk corpse and her nose scrunched up in disgust. It definitely hadn't finished decomposing and the stench of rotting flesh was revolting.