𝟶𝟶𝟿-𝚁𝚎𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚀𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝𝚕𝚢

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

For the next month or so, Harry managed to not get himself any more detentions, so Marilyn found other ways to occupy her nights. She was greatly looking forward to the first Hogsmeade weekend, so she could see Aberforth again, even if some of the time would be spent at the meeting she, Hermione, and Ron had managed to convince some people to come to.

When the first Saturday in October finally did roll around, Marilyn met her twin in the Entrance Hall so they could go together. 

"Do you think this will end up going well?" Marvolo asked in concern as they walked.

Marilyn paused in thought for a moment before nodding. "Yes, I do. Even if a lot of people think Harry's mad, a fair few at least will listen." She said.

Marvolo nodded and they walked in silence for a few more minutes until a smirk spread on his face.

"Soo, Mary, you've been talking to people other than me this year." He grinned and nudged her with his shoulder.

Marilyn rolled her eyes as her face returned to its normal blankness. 

"Yes, some." She agreed briskly.

"And how does it feel to socialize for once in your life?" He asked teasingly.

Marilyn gasped in mock-offence. "I'll have you know, I am very social when I want to be." She huffed, stomping ahead of him.

Marvolo easily caught up with her and threw an arm around her shoulders. "Right. With who? Before this year, you only talked when you were spoken to unless it was to dead people, Aberforth, me, or Turner." He declared. "So, tell me Mary, who was it you were socializing with?"

Marilyn's face went expressionless again and she childishly decided not to answer. She ignored every attempt he made to get her to talk to him for several minutes until she realized she had forgotten to ask Hermione where they were meeting.

"Do you remember where we're meeting?" She asked her brother reluctantly.

Marvolo smirked, "I do, in fact." He said smugly.

Marilyn huffed, "Where?"

"Wouldn't you like to know," he taunted. 

Marilyn didn't reply, instead concentrating. 

Legilimens, she thought.

She searched his mind for a moment before drawing back out with a smirk.

"Well, why didn't you just say so? Hurry up, I want to see Aberforth." She said and dragged him along faster.

Marvolo huffed and pouted. "Using Legillimancy is cheating." He complained.

"Not really. Why weren't you keeping your shields up, anyway?" She asked as they walked in the direction of the Hog's Head.

"I forgot," he grumbled, "Not everyone is amazing at everything they do." 

He gave her a pointed look at that, but she brushed it off, saying, "Well, of course not. But, you are amazing at most things. That includes Occlumency and Legillimancy, so you were obviously focusing very hard on something else." 

Marvolo turned red and began stuttering.

"Oh!" She realized, turning to her brother in surprise, "You have a crush. Who is it?" 

Marvolo turned, if possible, even redder, but muttered, "Katie."

"Katie Bell?" Marilyn inquired and he nodded mutely.