𝟶𝟷𝟻-𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚜

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

Marilyn stood outside the room Arthur was in, watching the door stoically for several hours. Her death sense was on high alert and Marilyn was carefully listening to her instincts as they shifted around saying whether or not Arthur was going to make it. Finally, around two in the morning, they settled on him surviving and she was immensely relieved. Her face relaxed ever so slightly as she glanced at Molly Weasley who had been pacing around in front of her.

At around three, a healer in lime-green robes spattered with blood walked out of the room and smiled reassuringly at Moody, Molly, and Marilyn.

"He'll be alright. He's awake right now, but he won't be for long if you want to talk to him." She told them.

Molly nearly sobbed out of relief as she nodded frantically.

"I'll wait here," Moody growled, looking up and down the corridor.

Marilyn made to do the same, but Molly shook her head when she saw the look on her face at once. "You saved his life, you're coming in." She said sternly and Marilyn didn't bother arguing as she followed the woman into the ward.

Arthur was lying in a bed looking very tired but cheerful overall.

"Oh, hello, Molly dear." He said brightly, moving to sit up before wincing and lying back down.

Molly let out a sob as she rushed to his bedside and began fussing over him. When she finally stopped crying, she beckoned Marilyn over to her. Marilyn walked over and offered Arthur a hesitant smile, earning a very thankful smile in return.

"Are you feeling any better, Mr Weasley?" She asked smoothing his sheets slightly.

"Yes, a bit. You have no idea how thankful I am to you, Marilyn. You saved my life. Thank you." He said sincerely.

Marilyn smiled bashfully at him.

"You're very welcome. I'm just glad you're alright. Have they found an antidote to the poison yet?" She asked. 

"Not yet, but I'm sure they will soon enough." He said. 

Just then, the door swung open again and the three of them turned around to find a wild-eyed Bill Weasley in the doorway. 

"Dad!" He exclaimed and strode over to the bed next to Marilyn whom he offered a small smile. 

"I'm all right, don't worry Bill," Arthur told him before glancing at Marilyn. "Marilyn here saved my life."

Marilyn fiddled with the sleeve of her bloody Ravenclaw robes as Bill gave her an appraising look. Quite suddenly, he leaned down and hugged her, making her eyes widen in surprise. None the less, she hesitantly hugged him back, unused to physical contact with anyone other than Marvolo, Turner, and Aberforth. After a moment, Bill pulled away, looking gratefully at Marilyn.

"Thank you so much. You're Marilyn, right? Fred and George are best friends with your brother?" He asked.

"Yes," she nodded, "I believe your siblings are currently at Grimmauld Place by the way. They're undoubtedly very worried." She told him.

Molly nodded, glancing at the clock to find that it was half-past four o'clock am.

"Will you be coming with me, Marilyn?" She asked the brunette who nodded at once.

"Yes, please." She replied before glancing back at Arthur to find that he had drifted off with his hand loosely held in Molly's. 

"I'll stay here, I'm taking the morning off of work," Bill said, taking his mother's place in the chair beside Arthur's bed.