-

I look around as Historia and some soldiers talk to some of the people in the Underground. Other soldiers guide excited orphans up the steps that lead into Mitras, and I can't help but softly smile. Kaito, Shiro, Levi, and I joined Historia for her meeting with some of her councilmen for how they should go about helping everyone down here, and Kaito, Shiro, Levi, and I made some suggestions based on our experiences while living here.

Even though the goal is to help everyone that needs it, one thing that I suggested immediately made it high up on Historia's priority list. The Underground currently provides homes for people; the issue is the crime and the condition of the city. Even though I have bad memories from living down here, I can see the potential it has, so I suggested cleaning up the city, rebuilding the houses, apartments, and other buildings to provide people with a safe place to live while also creating chances for people to start and open up businesses. In addition, I suggested that the newly reformed Military Police actually tackle the crime issue to make it safer and also to remove the fee people have to pay to leave the Underground.

Levi, Kaito, and Shiro supported my suggestions, and Historia was over the moon with what I came up with, so we worked a plan for how to go about it. It'll take some time to get the Underground City to the condition it needs to be in, but what matters is that it will happen. Soon, no one down here will have to suffer anymore, and the criminals who terrorized the city will face justice.

Levi joins my side and I offer him a small smile before saying, "I wondered where you had gone."

"Historia wanted some directions around the place, but I needed to remind her to stay with her guards. This shitty place is still filthy and filled with criminals."

"When has it not been?" I quip before looking ahead of me. "I wonder if the Blades are still around. I killed Nolan, but that doesn't mean they disbanded. Someone else could've taken the leadership role."

"You said they showed up in 845?" Levi quirks an eyebrow at me and I nod. "Tch, I was out of here for a year and this place became worse."

"It's weird to think we could've crossed paths at some point before the Survey Corps got you and your friends out of here," I whisper before looking at Levi. "Even though you and I aren't close in age, it would've been cool to know Kaito, Shiro, and I weren't the only ones causing trouble with stolen ODM gear when we were younger."

Levi scoffs, "You make me sound old, brat."

"Old man Levi," I tease and he glares at me before I chuckle. "Ah, you're not actually old, though, shorty. You're in your early-thirties- that's not old, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise."

Levi quietly chuckles, making me smile before I hear Kaito and Shiro frantically calling out my name. I look over at the direction they come from, my eyebrows furrowing in concern when I notice their wide-eyed expression. What the hell is going on?

"Kaito? Shiro? Are you two okay? You look like you've seen a ghost," I point out once they reach me.

"Nolan wasn't the real leader of the Blades," Shiro tells me, making my face scrunch up.

"Pardon?"

"Take a look at this," Kaito states while handing me a small slip of paper.