Part 24: Morals

A/N

This chapter is a darker one which does depict detailed torture tactics and a darker side of the reader. Please read with caution if it could bother you.

[Name]'s POV

Kenny and Joel both pull the triggers of their guns, and Levi and I react. I shoot my wire out and glide out of the way while aiming my pistol at Joel and firing at him. He moves out of the line of fire, and I glance over to Levi who meets my gaze after having dodged another one of Kenny's bullets.

I send him a small smile before shooting out my wire and gliding away quickly. "So you grew up!" Kai calls out with a laugh as him, Joel, Dee, and Alexio follow me.

"Fuck off!" I shout, taking a sharp turn around the corner of a building as Dee shoots at me.

Pieces of stone break off the building, and I look over my shoulder to see the other four behind me. 'Dammit' I scowl, and turn my body, firing a few bullets at the men.

They avoid the shots, making me grit my teeth while shooting my wire out again. I pull the trigger on my handgrip and speed up, gliding around people on the street and taking some quick turns into alleyways. 'I'm lucky I know how to move so well with just one wire' I frown as I keep moving.

Some crates appear ahead of me, lying in my way, and I do a front handspring over them and continue along the street. 'I need to lose them. They'll kill me if I don't' I clench my jaw before taking another turn down a street.

Dee stands in the middle of the road with an evil smirk, aiming both of his guns at me, and my eyes widen. I fall to my knees and slide across the ground when he shoots, leaning back as the bullets graze past me a few centimeters above my face. I grit my teeth and quickly lift my arm with the pistol, firing three shots at Dee.

They hit his chest, making him stumble backward before collapsing lifelessly to the ground. "Dee!" Kai cries out, and I look over as he dashes through the air toward his dead friend and me.

"Consider this payback for the years of abuse you guys put me through," I say stoically before aiming my pistol at Kai who kneels by Dee's body. "Maybe I should kill you as well as a warning for the others."

Kai looks at me in fear as I rest my index finger on the trigger of the gun. I go to pull it until the sound of footsteps quickly approaching fill my ears. I wait until the person is right behind me before throwing my elbow back into their gut and turning into them. They gasp as I grab their right arm and flip them over my shoulder, slamming them onto the ground.

I aim my gun back at Kai while connecting a blade to my handgrip and pointing it down at the throat of the person on the ground. "Hello, Joel," I say, placing my left foot on his chest to keep him down while looking over my shoulder at Alexio who aims his guns at me, "and, Alexio, I see you joined as well."

"Give it up, [Name]. You're cornered," Alexio states, and I smirk slightly.

"Really? Because to me, it looks like we're at a stalemate. You have me at gunpoint, and I have Joel with a blade to his throat and Kai with a gun aimed at him. You shoot and these two die."

"You'll die too."

"You underestimate me," I chuckle before looking at Kai. "After all, it was you guys and Leon who trained me, right? I know all your moves."

"Alexio, back down. Provoking her is only going to make this situation worse," Joel says from the ground before looking up at me. "Plus she's a [L/Name]. She could kill us easily, and despite Marley giving us orders to kill her, we know they'd also be happy if we dragged her back alive."