It feels weird that I'm a legitimate Squad Leader now, instead of one with only the title. I hate the paperwork that comes with it, but it's actually kind of fun to have my own team, and I like everyone on it. Rico and Ian were already friends of mine beforehand, but it was still very easy to form a friendship with Elsie and Thayne. Even better, the team gets along with each other, and that's all I could ask for.

"Squad Leader," Shiro teases me, making me jab him in the side before I mount my horse.

"Watch it, Shiro, or I'll make you do laps," I say, making his eyes widen a fraction.

Kaito chuckles while a ghost of a smirk comes to Levi's face, and Shiro falls silent, knowing that I actually would make him do some laps. Ah, the power of being a Squad Leader! Gotta love it sometimes! I chuckle to myself before lightly squeezing the sides of my horse, making him take off across the ground with Levi, Kaito, and Shiro following behind me.

-

"My Queen," one of Historia's guards says with a bow to her before gesturing to my friends and me. "Captain Levi, Squad Leader [Name], Kaito, and Shiro are here."

"Thank you for bringing them to me," Historia says before standing up and approaching us while her guard walks off. "I'm glad you four could make it. I was wondering if you would be willing to help me with something."

"What is it?" Levi asks her.

"There are a lot of people in need of help - children and adults - and I want to do what I can for them. The Garrison and Military Police are already assisting me by getting orphans in Wall Rose and Sheena to orphanages while helping struggling adults find jobs. However, there's one place I haven't reached yet and still want to- the Underground City."

"Historia... while that's a generous thing to want to do, you would have to help everyone down there. There's not one person in the Underground who isn't in need," Kaito gently explains to her.

"I know that, and I still want to do it. Everyone deserves a chance to live happily."

"You won't back down from this. You're determined," I realize and Historia looks at me before nodding. A faint smile comes to my face as I say, "I'd be happy to help you. What you're doing is amazing, Historia. It's something I wish the government would've done when I lived down there. I'm just glad something will finally happen. While crime does run rampant down there, a lot of people deserve a chance at a better life, and I know you'll do anything you can to give them that."

"It'll be a lot of work," Levi says from beside me.

"I'm prepared for that," Historia states.

My eyes soften as I look at the woman in front of me. Historia really is an amazing Queen with such an innocent soul. All she wants to do is help, and it makes me think of what Juno said about Acreria. While the way the government operates there is a bit different than Paradis Island, they aim to help their civilians as well, and it's been that way for centuries. Hopefully, Historia brings in a new era of ruling to this country and shows how far compassion can take a society. I have a feeling she'll be remembered; she's creating a legacy that people will look at in the future and praise.

"I'm down to help," Shiro says with a smirk and Kaito nods in agreement.

"Count me in," I tell Historia and Levi sends her a nod, making her happily smile.