A Quartet Of Warriors In Endless Twists: Dissidia 012

Start from the beginning

He stormed off, Kuja following at a slight distance, still muttering about how he should be in charge.

Ultimecia watched them for a second, her face twisting into a smirk. "You believe I cannot take charge of anything? Watch and learn, angels, for I will eliminate much more than the light today."

***

"Zidane, you do know where you're going, right?" Squall asked, trying to keep his voice even. Looking surprised, the blond warrior huffed in response, and crossed his arms. "Of course, I do, Squall. A master thief always knows the lay of the land." He muttered haughtily. Then his voice dropped even lower. "We passed this rock before, right?"

Lightning groaned. "We're lost." She muttered, facepalming into her left hand. Cloud squeaked in fear beside her. "We're going to die out here." He whispered. "We are NOT going to die out here." Zidane interupted. "It's just through this clearing, I swear. And we are NOT lost."

The thief pushed through some more brush, as the unconvinced group followed him, arriving in a seemingly nondescript patch of land with barely any vegetation or rocks. It clearly wasn't non descript enough, as the second Zidane walked forward, he stopped immediately, his tail lashing. "We need to go back." He said quickly, sounding uncharacteristically disturbed.. "There is something very wrong here."

"How?" Squall snapped, taking a step forward. Zidane whipped around in shock. "Don't!" He started, when he suddenly attempted to tackle Squall away from the area. "It's a trap!"

It was just then said trap activated, and Zidane missed his friend, instead tackling Lightning and dragging her to the other side of the clearing. The girl let out a muffled squeal of anger, before throwing the thief off of her back, and standing up.

That's when she saw it. A monstrous sinkhole had opened up in teh soft ground, and Squall was clinging for his life to a small foothold of rock. Clenching onto his hand with an even more terrified expression on his face, was Cloud.

Lightning went redhot with rage, and whipped around to face Zidane, pointing her gunnblade at his throat. "Did you plan this?" She snarled. "Which one of Chaos's scummy warriors is hdiding in your form?"

"Oh please. Do not give him any of the credit." A voice cut Lightning off, and she glanced up to see Kuja sitting on a tree branch, watching the trap with great interest. "It is not his sinkhole." Zidane scrambled to his feet and pulled out his dagger, a weird mix of sadness, betrayal and anger going through his face. "This is your trap, isn't it?" He hissed.

"Of course it is!" Kuja replied, sounding mock offended. "Why would it not be?" Lighting grit her teeth, but before she could say anything, a different voice stopped her.

"You truly are useless, aren't you?" A cold voice cut through the clearing, and Squall glanced up, his face filling with fury. Kuja glanced behind him, before a strike of light hit him in the chest, causing him to fall from the tree. The light faded away to reveal multiple swords pinning the mage to the ground, a decent few of them going right through his arms.

Ultimecia stepped out of the shadows, and slammed her clawed food down on Kuja's chest, causing him to squeak in pain. "That incompetent jester was right. You only are good for menial grunt work." She hissed, digging her heel into his chest so he couldn't reply. Before Lightning, and espeically Zidane could do anything, another figure stepped into the clearing.

"Is this betrayal, Ultimecia?" Sephiorth snarled, bracing his katana. At his voice, Cloud whimpered, until Squall shushed him. The witch laughed out loud. "Good of you to notice." She snickered, before waving her hand.

The katana twisted suddenly, and stabbed Sephiroth in the chest, causing the man to cough, and sink down on one knee. "You..." He snarled, venom oozing from his voice. Ultimecia laughed even more. "I believe we call that poetic justice?"

Then she turned back toward Lightning and Zidane, who were in shock. "I suppose I'll have to dispose of you, since I twisted your spell to arrive here. But not in that pit." She snapped her fingers, and the pit vanished, flinging both Squall and Cloud out of it. "I'm not  uncultured."

Zidane braced his dagger, looking like he was trying to ignore Kuja  silently begging him for help. "Let them go." He snapped, incredibly serious. "You shouldn't betray your own allies." Lightning added. Now it was Squall's turn to laugh, stopping Ultimecia's probably snarky reply. "Have you two even met Ultimecia? I'm not surprised she didn't do this sooner!"

The witch shrugged languidly. "He isn't wrong. But, I will make this interesting." She snapped her fingers again. "If you can win my simple little game, I'll release these two for the rest of you warriors of Cosmos to do with at your leisure. If you lost-" Her eyes glowed maliciously. "Well, you know what I mean."

"We're in." Zidane said suddenly, ignoring Cloud's obvious dissent. Lightning held a hand up, bringing the attention to her. "What's your game, Ultimecia?"

The witch waved a hand, and an enormous silver and purple armored dragon descended to the ground, roaring suddenly. "Defeat Bahamut in a fight. That's all." She waved goodbye condescendingly. "Have fun."

Ultimecia vanished, leaving the monstrous roaring dragon in the wake of the four warriors. "Now what?" Squall snapped, bracing his weapon. Zidane answered his question by lunging at the dragon and stabbing it in the heart.

It vanished within seconds, which casued the group to jump. "Where did it go?" Cloud asked, looking around. "Nowhere. She wanted us to win." Lightning replied, keeping her voice even. "Which means-"

She stepped forward, and pointed her sword at Sephiroth and Kuja, who both looked back at her, terrified.

"We get to decide their fate."

******

Titles are not my strong suit.

Dissdia is so weird, but it is easy to write oneshots about.

Anyway, sequel time! It's a bit odd sure, but I liked writing the plot twist. Ultimecia is such a cunning villain, right up there with the freaky clown man. Sorry Sephiroth and Kuja, too obsessed with getting to your rivals to see it coming.

I'm glad I finally posted a true oneshot, it took a while. Vote, comment, etc. Have a great day everyone!