A Quartet Of Warriors In Endless Twists: Dissidia 012

The first thing Lightning heard was a groan.

Never a good sign. Her eyes shot open, and she leapt to her feet, gunblade out. "Where are we?" She snapped aloud, looking around. The setting around her three companions and Lightning herself was a rocky, gray mountainside, with scraggly bushes and small trees all around.

Definitely not the home of the Warriors of Cosmos.

Squall yawned in response, sitting up. "No idea." He grumbled, walking over beside her. "Did Cosmos bring us here?" Lightning shrugged, and didn't respond. Instead, she helped Cloud up, who was even more dazed. "Wow." He whispered, confused. "The home of the Warriors of Cosmos is way more...gray than Tidus and I thought."

"This isn't the home of the Warriors of Cosmos." Lightning muttered. " And you know Tidus?" She added. Cloud nodded and smiled a little "Yeah, he was my only friend back there. When they busted him out, I couldn't escape in time." He shuddered. "...Never mind. I don't want to think about it. Where are we?"

Lightning glanced around once more. "Looks like the middle of nowhere." She started. "Maybe something happened during the teleportation spell." Squall interrupted her, crossing his arms. "This has Ultimecia written all over it."

A rustling from the trees caused the trio to hush, as the bushes began shaking. "Someone's coming." Cloud gasped, holding his sword out. "They know I'm gone. They're going to kill me." Lightning grabbed his arm to soothe him. "They're not going to kill you. Stay calm." She whispered. Cloud shut his mouth and nodded, stil looking scared.

The rustling got louder, until a lithe blond warrior jumped out of the bushes, holding a dagger in one hand and a small sword in the other. He glanced up at them, confused, a yellow tail swishing dust up behind him. Before he could say anything, Squall stepped forward.

"Zidane?" He asked, tilting his head. "That is you, right?" The blonde's face lit up, and he tackled Squall in an excitedhug. "Squall! It's so good to see you!" The two immediately dissolved into eager, cheery conversation, while Lightning and Cloud just watched, confused. "Cosmos sent me to look for you." Zidane added, shifting on his feet. "Where have you been?"

Squall laughed, much more comfortable with the new warrior than with Lightning and Cloud. "Trust me, you're not going to believe it." Then he glanced at the other two. "But my companions here can explain it better." Zidane glanced behind him . "Ah, you must be the very pretty Lightning Farron." He said, shaking her hand. Lightning rolled her eyes goodnaturedly at his flirty tone. "Nice to meet you." She replied. Then he turned to Cloud. "Wait, I don't think we've met before."

Cloud smiled warily. "I'm Cloud. Ex warrior of Chaos. Nice to meet you." He glanced sideways at Zidane. "You look familiar." He added quietly. Zidane didn't hear the last part, and continued chatting excitedly with Squall, until Lightning cleared her throat. "We need to keep moving." She said with authority in her voice. "Let's go."

She stalked ahead, the group of male warriors following behind. None of them noticed the trio watching from high above in the mountains.

"Well," Ultimecia said smoothly, checking her perfectly manicured nails. "I guess you do know someone down there, Genome. Good for you to achieve something in your miserable life." Kuja hissed at her, and crossed his arms. "Do you not have anything better to do besides berate me, witch?"

"Shut up, the both of you." Sephiroth snapped, pulling out his katana. "Let's go, befroe they get out of our sight." Kuja yawned, not moving. "May I ask who died and made you the king?" He asked sarcastically, his hand sparking with magical energy. Sephiroth rolled his eyes. "Neither of you can take charge of a simple mission, so I'll have to be the one to do so. Now let's go."