Epilogue

(Ruby's POV)

My eyes snapped open. I sat up and looked around. I'm in my room. I woke up in a cold sweat.

Ruby: How am I here? Last thing I remember I was in space.

I stood up and noticed I'm in my pajamas.

Ruby: I wasn't wearing these before.

I used my semblance and rushed out of my room. I went down the stairs and I can smell food being cooked. I felt someone hug me from behind.

Yang: Good morning sis.

I turned around and looked at her. Her right arm is fine and still there.

Ruby: Yang, your arm! It's...

Yang looked at me confused and looked at her arm.

Yang: It's still the same Ruby. Did you have a nightmare again?

Did it actually work? Is everything alright now?

Yang: Let's get some breakfast. It might help your mind get off things.

I just gave her a nod. We walked into the kitchen and saw dad sitting at the table. He turned his head and looked at me and Yang.

Tai: Good morning girls. Did you two get a good night sleep?

Yang: I think Ruby had a nightmare.

Tai: Not a good way to start the morning.

Wait, if dad is sitting at the table, then who is cooking breakfast? I looked over and saw my mom! I rushed over to her and wrapped my arms around her. I hid my face in her back and started to cry.

Ruby: Mom... It's you...

She turned around and hugged me back.

Summer: You really did have a nightmare. It's ok now, it was only a dream.

I looked up at her.

Ruby: How are you here? I thought you died by the Grimm!

She stayed quiet for a moment.

Summer: Grimm? Sweetie, did you play a scary video game again? I told you don't play those.

Tai: I really should check the age rating next time.

I looked at everyone and they don't know what I'm talking about. Do the Grimm actually not exist anymore? Am I the only one who remembers? My thoughts got interrupted by a knock on the door.

Summer: I'll go answer it. Tai, finish making breakfast please.

Tai: Got it.

Mom walked out the kitchen. I sat down at the table and Yang sat down next to me.

Ruby: This is all confusing.

I said to myself.

Summer: Ruby, your friend is here!

I looked and saw my mom walk back into the kitchen. I saw who was behind her.

(Y/N): Morning everyone. It's good to see you.

I felt tears run down my face. I got up and ran at (Y/N). I tackled him in a hug. He caught me and hugged me back.

(Y/N): Ruby, what's wrong?

Ruby: I've missed you.

(Y/N): It was like nine days ago since we last saw each other.

Ruby: It felt like nine years.