Chapter 22

(Sonic's POV)

Everyone looked at the robot's new design. I heard Eggman laugh like crazy.

Ivo: All of you are mincemeat! This is Metallix! And he will be the last thing you'll see!

Metallix: Who's first?

Metallix looked around at everyone. This is going to get ugly. He looked at Shadow and Metallix disappeared from sight. He reappeared in front of Shadow and punched him in the gut.

Sonic: Shadow!

Shadow got sent to the ceiling of the room. He fell down to the floor. He's knocked out.

Metallix: Weak.

Nora quickly swung her hammer at Metallix. Metallix blocked the attack and changed his arm to a scythe, a scythe that makes Ruby's look small in comparison.

Jaune: No-

Metallix cut Nora's hammer into pieces.

Nora: What the-

Metallix interrupted Nora by kicking her in the face. Nora went through the nearby wall. Metallix swung his huge scythe, sending Jaune, Pyrrha, and Ren through the same wall Nora went. Yang dashed forward at the robot. Metallix turned around and punched Yang in the face. Yang was able to keep her footing and she activated her semblance.

Yang: Time to dismantle you!

She punched Metallix and was able to make him flinch.

Metallix: You'll pay for that!

The white aura around his body got bigger. Everything started to shake. Everyone tried their best to keep their footing. Metallix swung his scythe arm at Yang and cut her right arm off.

Ruby: Yang!

Yang looked shocked. Metallix laugh and kicked her away. Ruby tried to attack him. Metallix dodged and got in front of me.

Metallix: I'll make you suffer.

He raised his other arm into the air and it turned into an arm cannon. Metallix disappeared and reappeared behind Tails, Knuckles, Weiss, and Blake.

Sonic: Don't!

He blasted Tails, Knuckles, Weiss, and Blake. The blast went away and I didn't see the four at all. I fell to my knees and slammed my fists on the floor.

(Ruby's POV)

He... just killed them. How is this all happening? Tears started to fall from my eyes. I looked at Yang and she is unconscious. I heard Sonic start to scream.

Metallix: I'm sorry, did that hurt you?

All of the Chaos Emeralds started to float in the air.

Ivo: Whats going on? They never did this before.

A dark aura surrounded them. Black electricity started to come off of Sonic's body.

Sonic: You bastard!

He stood up and his eyes are pure white. Sonic's hair went black and a dark purple aura bursting off his body.

Metallix: Doesn't matter what you do, you will fall!

He shot a ball of energy at Sonic. Sonic casually swatted the ball away.

Metallix: What?!

Metallix dashed forward and tried to punch Sonic. Sonic caught his hand.

Metallix: Impossible!

Sonic looked at Metallix with pure malice in his eyes. He punched Metallix in the face, breaking some of the metal on his face. Metallix got sent into the wall. Sonic took a step forward, but he fell down to floor. The aura around him disappeared and he went unconscious.

Ruby: (Y/N)! Get out of here, now!

He shook his head no.

(Y/N): I'm not going to be leaving you behind!

Ruby: Please! Go! Get to safety!

Why does he have to be so stubborn? Metallix got out of the wall. He looked at me. I started to clench onto Crescent Rose and shake. This monster. What can I do against him.

Metallix: Ruby... You're time has come.

He walked up to me. I want to move, but I can't. I need to get away from him. He got ready to attack me. I closed my eyes and waited for my fate. After what felt like an eternity, I'm still breathing. I opened my eyes and saw (Y/N) standing in front of me.

(Y/N): You leave her alone!

Ruby: (Y/N)...

Why are you risking your life? I want nothing bad to happen to you. Please... Don't do this for me.

Metallix: Get out of the way. I will not strike you.

(Y/N): Why?! You're going to kill everyone here! What makes me so special?!

Metallix: The Phantom Ruby. We need you to host the power of it.

Metallix hit (Y/N) to the ground.

Ruby: (Y/N)!

Metallix: You've lived long enough!

I closed my eyes.

Metallix: Die!

I heard him hit something, but it's not me. I opened one eye and saw Metallix's scythe going through (Y/N)'s chest.

Ruby: No...

He looked at me and smiled.

(Y/N): Good... to see... you're... ok...

Metallix: Idiot. You could have kept you're pathetic life.

Metallix ripped his scythe out of (Y/N)'s body. (Y/N) spat out lots of blood. My eyes widened. (Y/N)'s body fell down to the ground. A pool of blood started to flow from his body.

Metallix: Dammit! This is not according to plan!

Ivo: It's fine Metallix. We can just find another host for the Phantom Ruby. Now, finish the girl.

He punched me in the gut. I'm sent backwards and hit my back on a wall. I hit the floor. It hurts. My aura flickered, meaning it's about to break.

Metallix: Still breathing? I'm impressed.

I have to do something. I need to do something! I felt a surge of power flow through my body. I slowly stood up. I saw the Chaos Emeralds floating around me.

Ivo: This is new.

Metallix: What should I do, doctor?

Ivo: I want to see what happens.

The emeralds started to glow. I felt my pain go away. The Chaos Emeralds started to spin around me. They went inside my body. A bright light surrounded my body.

Metallix: What is this?!

The bright light around me faded away. I noticed that my hair is now a shiny gold color. My clothes also changed. The red in my clothes went yellow and the black turned to white.

Ivo: I-I don't believe it. She harnessed the power of the Chaos Emeralds.

I looked directly at Metallix.

Ruby: You're going to pay for everything you've done!

Metallix aimed his arm cannon at me. He blasted a huge wave of energy at me. The blast hit me, but it didn't hurt at all. The blast went away.

Metallix: Impossible! You should be dead!

I dashed at him, ready to attack. He tried to defend himself. I slashed at him. Metallix's arm broke. He took a few steps back.

Metallix: Just... Just what are you?

I looked at him with intent to destroy him. He flinched.

Ruby: I'm the one that's going to make you pay for everything you did.

(Chapter 22 end)