[HEESEUNG] Unrequitted

You look up at the sky as the snow falls. The sky is dark, but the lights from the buildings around you light up your path. Snow falls on your hair and your clothes as you continue walking. You're wearing a thick jacket around you, making you feel warm on the outside. Inside, however, you feel extremely cold. That's because now you know that Heeseung, the guy you've liked for so long, actually likes someone else.

It's understandable, though. Jirae is pretty and popular and kind. She's the perfect package. So you understood why Heeseung would like her. You just don't know why you ever thought you had a chance with Heeseung knowing full well that Jung Jirae exists.

...

"Y/N? Can I ask you something?"

You look up from your phone and see Heeseung standing infront of your desk, looking at you with a nervous look in his eyes. He sure looks troubled by something. "Oh, sure. What is it?" you ask him as you take your earphones off and keep them along with your phone.

Heeseung is your classmate and close friend. You first met him when you became classmates for the first year of high school, but you didn't get close with each other until he approached you during your first year in senior high.

You had feelings for him ever since that time. He was the first ever guy to approach you and be willing to be friends with you. Of course, you agreed to be friends with him. That time, your feelings for him were so faint that you barely noticed it. You thought it was just friendship love you were feeling towards him, but over the course of time, it got stronger until you couldn't ignore it anymore. You knew you were falling for him.

Three years later, the both of you are now in the last year of senior high, and your feelings for him have gotten even stronger than before. Surprisingly, you're still able to hide your feelings from him until now... but the question he asked you made you want to bring out your feelings for him right then and there.

"Y-you're gonna what?!" you ask Heeseung with wide eyes.

Heeseung laughs nervously as he places his hand on the back of his neck and looks away from you. "I'm going to tell Jirae I like her." He then turns to you. "Any idea how?

You can almost feel your heart shattering into a million pieces. Heeseung likes Jirae, and he's planning to confess to her tonight. Nevertheless, you still try to hide the fact that you feel really hurt as you look away from him, looking up as you pretend to think of a way for him to confess to his crush, when in truth, you're actually just doing this to keep tears from forming in your eyes.

"O-oh, well... there's this pavilion on the east side of the park near my neighborhood." You lower your head this time as you try to hide the disappointment showing on your face. "It's better if you confess to her there at night, when all the fairy lights are on. The scenery is beautiful and you can see them better when you're there."

You glance up at Heeseung to see him smiling happily at your suggestion. "That's a great idea. Thanks for your help, Y/N!" And with that, he walks away towards his seat, visibly excited about his upcoming confession.

He didn't even notice your teary eyes as he was too immersed in his own happiness. Once he had walked back to his seat, you quickly stand up and leave the classroom heading to the girls' bathroom where you soon find yourself breaking down as soon as you enter.