"Then would your Law help you find Lucy? I don't think so" she said in a matter of fact tone.

She surveyed the place and her eyes stoped on Natsu.

"You pinkie must be my goldfish's boyfriend." She stated and Natsu then realized she was talking about her queen.

"Yes and I am Natsu Dragneel"

"Pinkie is way much better..." She said in a not so offending kind of way. "... Come with me. I might know where our little goldfish went off"

~|•|•|~

Torn between confusion and possible betrayal. Natsu continue to agitate as he waited of the arrival of his brother inside a private restaurant.

He couldn't fathom and comprehend just what Cana revealed to him. It's all too unbelievable and a big fat joke to even think about it. How could she easily say that his dearest brother is the Mastermind of this all! That his brother want to kill him because of money?! There's no way he's going to believe such unthinkable opposition. That is why he is here at the restaurant to prove all of her accusations wrong! How he wish she's wrong for he wouldn't know what to do if it is the opposite.

As he waited, the documents before him made him question about his trust towards his brother and recall the earlier confrontation.

"Here, that's all about your brother transaction under the table for the past 3 months." Cana said in serious.

Natsu looked at her in confusion and scanned the documents.

"Without you knowing,  for the past year your brother is secretly buying all the assets of your company's shareholders whether in a good or bad way. Thus making him the highest holder second to your father. He clearly want your company under his command if not because of your father's early announcement making you the next heir. This makes things much more difficult for his purpose. He wants everything and he won't stop until he get it what he wants. You are on his way and your brother wants you out of the way, forever. To the extent of hiring assassins to kill you" Cana explained thoroughly and handed him another document to prove her statement.

Natsu were speechless. His body were frozen still in shock. What is happening?!

"Lucy know something's off about your brother and asked me to look into it."  She added that snapped Natsu out of his reverie.

"Lucy asked you?"

Cana nodded. "I was supposed to give this to her. But she's gone missing. Don't you think it's just a mere coincident with a touch of bad luck that all of these happened?" 

"What do you mean?"

"I think your brother is behind Lucy's missing to get what he wants from you"

Natsu felt weak and numb. This is not happening! This is not true! He must be dreaming! But the wind that touches his skin and the proof of words on his hand made him realizes the ugly Reality he's currently in.

"My brother is... He... he wouldn't..."

"Every person has dark deep secrets they possesses. In this world, no one is innocent. Even dog bites their own master. Do you trust your brother to know that he's not capable of doing everything I said?"

Natsu were pretty sure the answer for that but her tongue suddenly couldn't speak out for his defense.

"If you don't believe me, seek out your brother. If you really know him that much, you'll know if he's lying or not"

Natsu is now having a troubled mind and heart. He's now questioning his perspective about his brother. It's true that their connection are not so strong after years of being away from each others. But, to think that his brother can do all of these accusations is totally absurd!

He's to dwell on his thoughts that he didn't seem to notice the arrival of the person's he's been waiting.

"You haven't ordered anything yet?"

"Brother..."

What will you do
if you found out that the person you trust, betray you in the most painful way?

~Sayōnara
Scardylol.out