[ t w e n t y e i g h t ]

Start from the beginning

Which fell in the water.

They both looked at Stiles, who had his mouth opened.

"Sorry, buddy," he said. "I hate coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mailing some tiny, helpless little animal."

Scott jumped down and Amelia followed him, Stiles trying to reach them.

Scott pulled his phone out of the water, looking at it. "It still works."

"Let me see the flashlight," asked Stiles as he took Amelia's flashlight, pointing the light towards something. "I think we found it," he said, stepping forward, Amelia and Scott following him.

Stiles pointed the light towards the car that was upside down.

"Why wouldn't they move it?" Asked Scott. "Isn't it evidence?"

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out," answered Stiles, looking at it before giving a step forward. "Look at this." He pointed the flashlight to the door of the car, that had something that appeared like scratches. "See those?"

"Yeah... so?" But Scott proceeded to answer that question for her when he placed his hands of top of the marks.

"Animal claws would be closer together, right?" Stiles asked. "A lot closer."

Scott touch the car, following the marks with his fingers. "Then it was a werewolf."

"So my dad was right," whispered Stiles before looking inside the car.

"What is that?" Asked Amelia, pointing at something on the dashboard.

Stiles took it out and the three stood up, looking at it. It was a doll. A baby doll.

"I'm hungry," said the doll when he squeezed it, making the three scream at the same time as Stiles dropped the doll on the floor.

"Shit!" Exclaimed the girl. "Oh my God..." She whispered before realizing Stiles was holding on to her, terrified.

"I think I just had a minor heart attack," announced Stiles as he kept hugging his girlfriend, almost climbing her up like a tree.

Scott looked up. "Hey, guys..." he called them before Stiles and Amelia look towards the trees, noticing a pair of bright eyes. "Please tell me you see that."

"I see it," whispered Stiles as Amelia heard growling, making her dry swallow.

They saw the creature running away, and Scott following it.

"Scott!" She yelled, but he was too far to even hear her. "Crap."

Stiles and her remained in silence before Stiles talked. "So you and Isaac..."

"Oh my God..."

• • •

Amelia and Stiles got out from the place they had found when they heard running, and later footsteps, and Amelia took her dagger out of her boot.

"Stay behind me."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

She heard the footsteps approaching, running. She heard them perfectly clear.

Werewolf.

Stiles followed her as she walked slowly. As soon as she heard them close to her, the girl jumped, taking down the werewolf and lifting her dagger, only to recognize the person underneath her.

"It's me! It's me! It's me!" Yelled Scott and she put away her dagger. "Jesus Christ. Were you gonna kill me!?"

"I don't know, don't surprise me like that again."