"Too bad I didn't get to see that, but at least the other Invaders learned not to cross you. Though frankly, if you hadn't unleashed that creature on Larb, I'm sure Red would have looked for an excuse to send that," Purple subtly motioned to Stalker with his head, "after Larb."

"Yeah. Dad's actually gone a good job in training him. From what I've seen of Stalker so far, he's in good shape and listens to orders. Many newbie Indokani struggle to control their indokuros the first few weeks; I was actually stunned that he lay back down when Dad ordered him to when there was a live prey in front of him."

"Well, you know what everyone says when Red gives them an order: Yes, my Tallest!" Both chuckled lightly, causing Mor to shift awake with protesting squeals. "Shh, it's okay, go back to sleep, smeetie-pooh." Purple cooed.

"Smeetie-pooh?"

"What? You should have heard the nicknames Red called you with."

Ilk shifted closer to him, leaning down to peek at Mor's half-asleep face. "Wow, you weren't kidding when you said his eyes have different colors."

"Maybe, but that makes him more unique."

"Uncle Pur, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

Ilk shifted in her place, rubbing the back of her head. "How did you know Tenn was the one? I mean, you mentioned that you had seen her before the Fall of Vort but didn't have any attraction for her until... Was it just a matter of looks? Or chemistry? Sweet Irk, I don't even know what I'm saying!"

Purple glanced at his niece, raising his lekku in interest. Why was she asking something like that? Could it be that she...? But how? She hasn't been around other Irkens for a long time now.

"Well, it's... hard to explain." he said after a while. "I admit I didn't realize it at first, I was merely curious about her increased height, but the more I got to know her, that's when I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my lifetime with her." Purple smirked. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"What?! No! I don't-!" Ilk stuttered, but the pink color in her whole face said everything. "I'm not dating anyone!"

"I never said you were."

Thankfully for Ilk, Mor seemed to resent that he wasn't the center of attention anymore and squealed loudly. Purple laughed.

"Okay, okay, I get it. You're sleepy. Let's go to bed." Purple headed towards his bedchambers, not before giving Ilk one last glance. "Sleep well, Ilk."

"You too, uncle Pur."

As the doors silently closed behind him, Purple went to take a peek at his wife. Tenn had fallen asleep against the pillows. Shifting so that Mor was carefully held in one arm, he reached out to stroke her head, causing his wife to shift slightly. Purple smiled and couldn't resist the temptation to lean down to plant a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Squeak! Squeak!

"Don't make any noise, Mor. Mommy is asleep," Purple cooed gently. Mor squealed loudly. "Okay, okay, I get it, you're sleepy."

As he went to tuck Mor in the crib, though, the smeet whimpered and held onto his sleeping robe with all of his might. Purple contained the urge to squeal in delight. His son wants to stay with him! He silently returned to bed and placed Mor on top of the soft smeet pillow they'd purchased, then lay down and carefully moved it closer to his head.

"Good night, my little Mor..." Purple whispered, placing his hand on top of Mor's body to keep him warm, falling asleep not long after.

**SoP**