Return to the Massive

Tenn guessed she had fallen asleep at some point because the next thing she knew, she was being carried off the ship and they were instantly surrounded by Irken medics checking him all over. The Invader let out a relieved sigh when she recognized the mauves, purples, and pinks of the Massive's docking bay.

"Out of my way, all of you!" Red pushed his way through the swarm of shorters, kicking aside those not fast enough to move. "Purple!" 

Tenn shifted uncomfortably as his arms wrapped around her husband, and in turn, her. "Red, I'm still holding my wife, you know," Purple murmured in embarrassment.

"Are you alright?! Did those lizards hurt you?! When was the last time you ate?!"

"Oh, don't worry, I'm fine! I just barely escaped from a Sobrekt warship, but I'm alright." Tenn growled sarcastically.

"Sorry, Tenn, but the two of you really had me worried! Purple, do you have any idea of how I felt when that lizard called me and showed me footage of you in chains and a muzzle like an animal?!"

"Oh, believe me, I do," Purple growled gently. "Red, can we catch up later? I want to make sure Tenn is alright."

"Lena's already preparing the medical bay, let's go."

The medical bay was mostly empty except for the taller female medics; Tenn would have rolled her eyes if she didn't feel so dizzy. "Tenn, Purple!" she immediately felt safer as she heard Lena's voice and saw the Irkenette approaching hurriedly; she looked like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. "Thank Irk you're back!"

"H-Hey..." Tenn greeted weakly. Lena's now-gloveless hand touched her forehead.

"She's boiling hot! What did those monsters do to her?!"

"That's what I'd like to know!" Purple retorted. "Other than blocking all of our PAK-tools, that is!"

"Place Tenn on the medical capsule and I'll do the rest. Meanwhile, go have your PAK checked to re-activate the tools." Tenn instinctively clutched to Purple as he was about to place her down, but she forced herself to let go of his arms. Lena gave orders to the medics surrounding the medical capsule; Tenn winced as a long cable connected to her PAK and ran a complete analysis. "Your sugar levels are surprisingly normal for your state. What did the Sobrekt feed you with?"

"Meat," Tenn shivered at the reminder. "I actually ate some of Purple's snacks."

"Purple's snacks?"

"You look surprised."

"He doesn't share them with anyone, not even Red." Lena glanced back at her husband, who was currently talking with Purple as the latter's PAK was connected to the scanner. "And judging from the state he was in when he left to bring you back, I was actually afraid he might do something rash."

"Long story."

Lena winked. "We'll have a lot of time to catch up once we're done checking on you and the smeet."

Tenn froze. "How did you-?"

"The way you were clinging to Purple gave you away, it's normal during the pregnancy if you're out of your 'nest'. I did the same with Red every time he dragged me out of my den to take me to the check-ups. Anyhow, I guess Purple knows, doesn't he?"

"I don't think I'd be here in one piece if he didn't." Both Irkenettes giggled.

Thankfully, Lena didn't question her as to what happened between the two of them; she just asked medical questions such as what she had been eating, her symptoms and if she had any complications so far. Tenn mentioned the typical pregnancy symptoms, the stress she went through during the captivity, and overall her latest ones regarding the fever and headaches.