11 - friends

Yuri arose from underneath her blanket on the couch. She has slept in the living room waiting for a call back from the hospital about her grandma but never got one.

She looked around her living room.

The umbrella..

The one Jaemin had given to her at the hospital last night during the storm.

Yuri sat, slightly slouched on the couch and stared at the pattern on the blanket.

Please don't leave me alone.

Yuri sighed, remembering she had to go back to school and potentially run into trouble caused by herself.

"I regret writing that stupid suicide letter now-" Yuri said.

"I just hope nobody thinks to tell someone else."

Or else it's going to spread around like a disease.

Something kept bothering Yuri.. she couldn't make out what it was though..

She suddenly remembered about seeing Kai in her class yesterday.

"I should avoid talking to him, I don't want to get attached to anyone else."

🤍

It was the middle of the day now and Yuri was in science class, Yuri doesn't particularly hate the subject, but ever since the incident with the note- she doesn't see the classroom as the same.

"I hate how paranoid I am right now.." Yuri said, looking at her surroundings, as if everything and everyone was staring at her.

I just put my head down for the rest of the class.

Class had finally ended and the students got up from their desks and it immediately got loud in the room- it sort of irritated Yuri, but she had gotten used to loud peers.

Yuri shoved her textbook into her backpack that was filled with a bunch of origami of all sorts and used them as bookmarks.

Yuri got up and suddenly bumped into someone's desk by mistake. She didn't want to just leave their stuff on the floor so she picked up the item she dropped and turned to the person so she could hand it to them-

It was Huening Kai-

"Oh- sorry Huening Kai" Yuri said as he took his notebook from her hands.

"It's okay Yuri" He said flashing her with a smile.

"Huh- you know my name?" She asked.

"Yeah- I've heard the teachers calling you it" He said.

"Ah.. that's right, you were there when I was sent to the office" Yuri said, remembering the events.

"Yeah- I hope you didn't get in trouble" He said.

"Oh no I didn't don't worry.." Yuri said.

Why am I talking to him- I said I wouldn't. Why's he even bothering to talk to me?

"Are you going to photography class today?" He asked tilting his head.

"Ah- that's today-?" Yuri said thinking aloud, "Yeah, I'll be there"

I forgot we both signed up for photography.. It's going to be much harder to avoid him then.

"Great, at least I can have a friend to be with in that class right?" He said, smirking as he walked off.

Friend?

He considers us as friends?

Yuri was sitting alone in photography class. Her head resting against her arms.

Friends huh?

Yuri glanced up and saw other students sitting next to each other as she sat by herself.

I guess I'm not very approachable when I have my head down like this-

'So I can have a friend with me in class' he's not even here-

And I went out of my way to sit in the back of the class so no one would take a spot next to me.

"Sorry I'm late-!" Yuri heard from the doorway not bothering to open her eyes.

Huening Kai looked around the class and spotted Yuri sitting in the back by herself. He walked over to her and pulled out the chair as he sat next to her.

He tilted his head and rested his head on his arms. Yuri opened her eyes.

She saw him close to her face as she froze feeling nothing.

He looked pretty up close. His bangs in his eyes and cute-crooked nose.

"You made it" Her lips parted.

"Yeah, and you saved me a spot," he said, "thank you"

"Yuri, Kai" Mr. Saetang suddenly called out to them.

They both raised their heads up.

"Are you two listening?" He asked.

"Yes sir" Yuri said as he turned continuing the lesson.

"You actually waited for me" He whispered.

Yuri paused, despite not wanting to talk to him. She realized she still went out of her way to save him a spot.

"Yeah," she responded, "I guess I did"

The two sat quietly next to each other as Mr. Saetang continued with the class. The two would take glimpses of each other when the other wasn't looking.

Why did he even want to sit next to me in this class? We hardly even know one another.

Do I want it to stay that way?

"Huening Kai.." Yuri suddenly whispered.

"Hm?" He hummed.

"Why did you want to sit next to me?" She said, shifting in her seat.

His face quickly turned to a small smile.

"It's simple, I want to be your friend"

Yuri finally looked over at him as he sat there looking like a chunk of heaven that was missing.

"W-why?" She stammered.

He laughed softly.

"You intrigue me" He said.

Yuri bit her lip nervously.

"Oh- that is if you want to be friends" He said looking down at the desk.

Yuri thought about it. It wouldn't hurt making one more friend before going to the grave.

I hope I don't regret this.

"Of course I want to be friends"

.•˚ ✧ ♡ ೃ✰₊.