Chapter 19 - The Hidden Door

Comenzar desde el principio

He listens with different expressions on his face.

"I think it's about time you should know about our hidden secrets. Follow me." Dad leads me to the bookshelves.

He plucked one of the books and soon a door emerges. Behind the bookshelves is a small close room.

"I didn't know this room existed." I walked with amazement.

"This room is built for forums with our alliances by your great grandfather. Take a seat." Dad informed me.

"So, what is the secret that I need to know Dad and why are we here?" I felt tensed.

"This conversation needs to be tackled here because only I and your Mom know it so please keep the secrecy at all cost." Dad made me vowed.

"I promise Dad." I yield honestly.

"Eighteen years ago we were faced in a great battle by different creatures. It does consist of witches, demons, vampires and even hunters. During that time your mother was being captured under our noses by rogues same with her long-time friend Vanessa. Both of them are pregnant and I found out that her friend is a Pura Lupus." Dad began but I cut him off.

"So... the Myth of Pura Lupus Heir is true?" I anticipated his answer.

"How did you know about it?" Dad frowned.

"We have a history thesis about it and I've been meaning to bring up anyway continue with the story." I gave my full interested.

"Pura Lupus is the most powerful and strongest pack of werewolves. You can distinguish them by their fur because it's white while Trueblood werewolves like us are red. Pura Lupus has their powers that every creature wants to possess." He swig the last shot of whiskey.

"What powers exactly are we talking about?" I interrupted him again.

"Pura Lupus are elemental benders that can control fire, wind, water and earth. King Anthony and Queen Vanessa are the leader of the Cardovy Kingdom. Your grandfather made a treaty with them for us to rescue your mother back then but there is one condition." He paused.

"What is it?" I listen attentively.

"Nobody will know their existences for the safety of their kind and we will work together in rescuing your Mom and her friend. After the bloody fight we remained very good friends until you and their child was born." Dad stopped there.

"Why they want to remain unknown?" I studied the story comprehensively.

"Because their child is a powerful wolf with Pura Lupus blood the heir possesses great powers that can kill every creature." Dad didn't reveal the identity of the heir.

"How many witches and other creatures do exist actually? Is it also possible we can find their ancestors link or something?" I furrowed my brows.

"I don't have any idea but I do know some facts about the witches. They have the power to manipulate someone and can deceive you easily. Their leader name is Garret who is a warlock and was behind the kidnapping. He worked with the hunters and rogues to do his plan but we won and he was locked up. Three days after Anthony and Vanessa's child was born they found out Garret escaped. He seeks revenge and wants their child dead." Dad continued.

"What happened to their child? Did Garret take the child?" I questioned again.

"No he didn't succeed Anthony came here on the same day and requested us to take their child. We help them and the child was under our care at Lanshaw eversince then. We promised to protect their child no matter what and changed the name. From then on we didn't utter a single word." He walks to the desk.

"Does the child even know anything about his/her parents?" I analysed more.

"No but as their child grew up it is being closely guarded by another Pura Lupus known as the Guardian. Anthony told me their child's ability will be unleashed when their child reached the age of 18. During this time the Guardian will help their child with trainings to master the abilities it possesses." Dad stated with clarity.

"If Mom was pregnant with me at the time then it is possible the child have the same birthday as me." I put the pieces together.

My thoughts somehow linked to Ashley's eyes and her situation as an orphan. Then there is Danica could it be one of them is a witch and the heir? Before I could think any further Mom entered the secret door.

"Nathan I think it's enough what you know for the safety of King and Queen's child. We trust you not to say a single soul from what we just exposed." Mom touched my shoulder.

"I understand Mom." I stand up from my seat.

"Nathan, stay away from Danica I have a feeling she's connected with the witches." Dad advised me.

I nodded and left with a lot of questions in my head. I need to dig on this matter alone without my parents' knowledge. I will go to Aunt Ester and I'm sure she can help me.

'If Dad thought of Danica as witch then do you think Ashley is the Pura Lupus your parents are protecting all this time?' Blaze has the same thoughts like me.

'There is a big chance she is but I'm hoping she's not. Ashley might not forgive my parents for keeping this to her.' I hesitate.

'She's smart and with a pure heart I think she will understand them. Those are the qualities that you find attractive to her aside from her physical attributes.' His tone laced with teasing.

'You're right but she's not our mate and I don't want to disappoint our 'rents again.' I pointed out.

My wolf didn't speak after that so I decided to run on my wolf form. At the clearing I couldn't help but think of Ashley and my feelings for her. Maybe I can tell Thomas briefly without giving out the details about the heir. I know I got his back and he won't sell me out.  

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine