Chapter 12 - The History Project

NATHAN POV

Yesterday I haven't seen Ashley the whole day and my wolf is on his wits end again. I ended up asking Kaylin and that's sets off our worries a little. There is just something about Ashley that mesmerized me.

'Will you keep those thoughts over my sister to yourself? I don't want to hear it man.' Thomas mindlinked me.

'Have you seen Ashley today?' I tuned out his remark.

'I haven't Mom is also worried about her after knowing she fainted. I might go to Kaylin's flat later if she doesn't show up today.' He furrowed his brows.

'I'll come with you then.' I ended our link.

We are seating ten chairs away from Danica and I can feel her eyes burning to me and it irks me.

'Stop thinking about her!' Blaze growled.

'I am not in fact I loathed that bitch so stop growling at me!' I barked.

'Sorry I just thought you still like her after what she did to us.' My wolf whimpered.

'I didn't mean to lash out on you too. Now let me focus in my class and stop sulking.' I felt him back off.

The History Professor finally arrives and starts doing his roll call. Everyone was waiting for their names to be called when Ashley came in to the door. I noticed she's a bit pale but still beautiful. Wait! Where did that word come from?

"I'm sorry for being late Mr. Wells." Ashley is still catching her breath.

"I will let you slide Campbell since you never get late in my class. Just take the notes from yesterday's lesson to Roberts now take your seat." The Professor pointed the chair in front of me.

"Thank you Mr. Wells." Ashley politely went to her seat.

"One more thing Campbell, meet me at the Faculty Department after class. Now everyone is here I will group you into six for your thesis. It will be submitted at the end of the year and the topic is about the Pura Lupus (Pure wolves) Heir." Our Professor dictates.

"It's only a myth! How we will be able to research on that stupid story." Danica sneered.

Apparently almost everyone put up on the matter and few students are interested about it.

"Silence! Watch your language Ms. Gillot I don't tolerate rudeness in my class if you can't do it then the door is widely open and that goes to the rest of you." Mr. Wells stern voice.

"Mr. Wells are we going to be paired or do it individually?" I raised my hand.

"It will be by group that I will dismiss you early so you can start." He unfolded his class records.

He started grouping us and I was waiting for my names to be called hoping I'll get to team up with Ashley. It seems I was lucky because our names were called together with Kaylin and Thomas. My smile faded when Danica completed the spot.

'Why the leech has to be included?' Blaze huffed.

'Relax and let me focus on the project besides Ashley is there.' I can feel him calmed down.

'I swear if she goes near us I'll rip her head.' Blaze declared.

'Just ignore her Blaze. Now stop sulking I need to be with the group.' I cut our link.

Mr. Wells finally dismissed us and we started brainstorming with ideas excluding Danica. Who did nothing but sit down and chew her gums out! She is getting into my nerves to be honest!

"Nathan, are you okay? We've been calling you for five minutes and you did nothing but growl." Ashley nudged me.

"I... uhmm... just thinking how are we going to do the research. Some studies states the Pura Lupus died and some asserts it banished." I pointed out.

"I know right." She sighed.

"So how are you? I heard from Kaylin you were sick and frankly you're still pale." I prompted the question.

"I'm okay now." She seems lying but I dropped it.

"Enough with flirting moments can we get back to our project?" Kaylin interjected this time.

"You all do that because I don't understand any of this. I will just hang out with Nathan right babe?" Danica moved closer to my seat.

"No way! If you don't want to be here that's fine from us most especially me." I spat.

"Fine! Be with these losers and sluts I would rather paint my nails than help a pathetic project." Danica taunted.

I could see Thomas is ready to shift when his mate was bad-mouthed.

'Don't get her under your skin Thomas.' I advised him.

Kaylin just act cool and saw his mate's reaction and calmed him.

"We rather be losers than a slut who can't keep her legs closed and has a class A bitch attitude!" Ashley remarks.

Everyone laughed including me. Ashley is so hot when fighting back and I can't help but admire her.

'Because she's definitely is! You are just an idiot to see it before.' Blaze mocked me.

'Shut it.' I stopped my wolf.

"Nathan, aren't you going to do anything?" Danica interrupted me.

"I am not your pet Danica so get lost." I snarled.

"Do us all a favour Danica go spread your disease elsewhere and leave!" Ashley gets snappy and it made Danica pissed.

She stood up and was about to hit Ashley when I gripped her hand forcefully. I know Ashley can handle her but I won't allow Danica to lay a hand on her again.

"Don't even think about it or I will tell Mr. Wells not to include you in this project. We all know you need to pass because you are failing miserably." I threatened and her eyes widen.

"I'll be glad to assist you out. We don't need a sluggish brain in our group anyway." Thomas cracked up.

"GO! Before I rip you your throat!" I dragged her out of the room.

"This isn't over bitch!" She yelled preferably to Ashley.

"I'll be waiting." Ashley wisecrack.

After discussing our project I gathered my things and planned the talk to Ashley. Since both of us have less classes we have more free time than the rest of the students. I followed Ashley to her favourite place and that is the library. 

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine