Part 14

Bogdan

All that was skipping through my mind was 'find her find her find her.'

I wasn't thinking about what I would do when I found her or what would happen afterwards, I just had to know she was ok. I couldn't contact anyone to see how she was doing because the last and only person she had been with was Andrei. Andrei was one of the very very few people I trusted. He was mated so I didn't have to worry about anything happening with Mir. I had grown up with both Andrei and Galina.

They were family.

Galina was the only person that had somewhat cracked Mir. She had bonded with her when I couldn't; it made me feel a tad jealous but I knew it shouldn't. Galina was helping her.

I had contacted as many influential doctors as I could to come check Mir out. I was waiting though, she was so fragile and she could barely handle coming out of her room. I always knew where she was but now I didn't. She was in the woods by herself and I couldn't stop all the terrible circumstances she could fall into from running through my brain.

I snapped my jaws and snarled as soon as I transformed into my wolf. Galina was close behind and we had just entered the woods by the pack house.

'find her'

If I could change Mir I would. It would save her so much pain. On one of the rare occurrences where she was out of her room I had snuck in her room. Going through all of her medications allowed me to better understand her situation.

Most the bottles were labeled and I committed each one to memory. Some of the bottles felt light, one especially which also smelled vile. Sometimes I could smell the disgusting aroma mixed with Mir's perfect sent. I didn't know what the stuff was as it was the only bottle not labeled. It was oddly familiar but so were many other scents and as werewolf's sense of smell was heightened I just thought it was a terrible smelling human invention.

I wondered what she planned to do with her dwindling supply. I guess now I knew. Her note had said she couldn't stand to be here any longer. It felt like a knife was being plunged into my chest at the thought of her wanting to leave me.

'find her'

I could hear Galina's paws thudding far behind me as I rushed towards where Andrei was, where he had last seen Mir.

How could he have lost her? He was an impeccable tracker; I really couldn't understand what had happened. Honestly I didn't know what I would do without Mir. We didn't know much about each other but I still snuck into her room at night. I couldn't help it. Having to be near her was an ever constant pulling sensation in my chest.

I would wipe the sweat from her brow when she was too hot or cover her with covers when she was cold. Most of the time I would stare at her, she rolled around quite a bit and latched on to different pillows. Sometimes she would burrow under multiple pillows and all you could see was her cute little nose poking out. I had left a body pillow on her bed one of the first days because I had noticed from her sleeping positions she liked hugging things.

She made me smile when she slept. I never got bored. It was like watching an amazingly good movie and sometimes I would bring snacks and eat them as I sat in the chair next to her bed. Front row seat.

Nearing Andrei's position I vaguely acknowledge Galina falling back. Andrei came into view but I barely recognized his presence. Mir was there. Her Brown hair shined in the light as she lay on the grass and gazed up at the canopy of trees above her. She was wearing a large oversized shirt with a chunky sweater. A long skirt that just allowed slippered feet to peak out from underneath was draped around her legs.

Andrei threw a pair of sweat pants at me as he backed away into the woods. I was confused as I shifted and stepped into the pants but that didn't stop me from hurrying over to Mir.

I startled her as I knelt down, picked up her arm and began looking over every inch of it to make sure she was alright.

"Whaaa....ahhh....What are you doing?" she stammered.

"You were going to leave." I looked down glaring into her eyes.

"What?"

"You. Were. Going. To. Leave." I ground out as I handed her the slightly damp note she had written that I had carried in my mouth.

She took the note and read it and then looked up at me confused. I had moved on to her other arm.

"I didn't write this." She said as worry caused a slight crease to appear on her forehead. I continued my search for any foul play on Mir's body as I thought about it. Eventually I landed on one word or rather one person. Galina. I shook my head.

Mir squirmed under me as I went to lift her shirt up. She had been fine with me touching her until then which was almost unbelievable. "What are you doing exactly?" she asked again as her hand covered mine preventing me from lifting the fabric of her shirt. Tingles danced across my skin.

"I have to make sure you're alright" I said simply.

I don't know what she saw in my eyes but her face softened. She moved back and sat up and our hands slid away from each other.

"I'm fine." I really wanted to contest with her and finish checking her out. I held my wolf back. I had to be in control, the last thing I wanted was to scare her.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair as I sat back in the grass facing her. I kept my eyes on her face as she followed my movements. She was calm compared to all the other times we had been near each other AND I had touched her.

"You seem to be......better." I struggled with a word to describe how she had changed.

"I am....almost." she said as she looked back up at the canopy.

"Well I'm happy you are better." I smiled and she looked back at me. She looked for a long time and it started to make me think I had something on my face. My smile faltered and she blinked as if she were in a daze.

She glanced around. "What happened to Andrei?"

"He went back to the house." And he will have a lot to answer for as well as Galina I thought.

"Ohhhh" She looked down and all I wanted to do was lift her head so I could get lost in her unique brown eyes.

"Maybe we should go back too." She shifted on the ground and moved to get up.

I jumped to my feet and held my hand out for her to take. She looked at it and then ever so hesitantly she lifted her hand and placed it in mine. I smiled again as I lifted her up. She was lighter than a fluff of dust.

Looking at my big hand wrapped around her delicate one she blushed. It made my heart swore. She was feeling something, something good. Her eyes traveled up my chest and continued upwards to my eyes and her breath hitched.

Taking her hand from mine I felt the loss but then she shocked me as she reached up and placed it on my face. She traced the indents my smile made leaving a trail of tingles on my skin.

"I like touching you" she said and my heart stopped.

.....................................................................................

If you like my story please leave a comment or give it a like because I really don't know if it's enjoyable or not.

Thanks,

Fran