Begins

Flashback when Katsu and Y/n were together
Third pov
⚠️ Warning: toxicity, abuse & suicidal thoughts ⚠️

Katsu and I dated for two years, starting sophomore year, he had a severe case of Bipolar 1 Despite this, he would drink and smoke god knows what. I was really young and dealing with issues myself which allowed him to encourage me to cut myself, he called me every horrible names like; whore, slut, bitch and a disgrace and tells me he's glad that my father beats me. He slowly started to exhibit what I now know are grooming tactics-- like isolating me from others, enrolling in the same exact school schedule as me to "keep me company," encourage I become a porn star as my career. The creepy part was that my parents thought he was great and had no idea about the sexual manipulation and abuse I was being subjected to although, my parents probably wouldn't have care dude to the fact the never really cared about me. We got into a huge fight a couple days before our anniversary to which we were both Juniors, because he admit to cheating, then immediately two days later he was in a relationship with a girl. He ended up getting dumped by her a couple weeks later, he got super drunk, and tried to come crawling back to me. When I finally felt strong enough to say no, he unleashed so many hateful words and threats, I was scared for my safety. So I forgave him and took him back. He was back to his normal self after that and he actually showed me love to which I was really happy for once in my life. One night we went out to dinner for a date it went well until later that night he tried to get me into bed with him. I wasn't ready at that time because I was scared to lose my virginity. He told me I was a cry baby, and told me that he does everything for me. Which made me feel bad. He kept saying that I was manipulative and abusive to him. And staying stuff like

"I do this all for you and you can't do this one thing for me?" I left his house after that and we haven't talked for about a week. He wouldn't be at school and people kept on asking me where he was and I wasn't sure. There was a knock at my door when I was home alone. I answered it and it was drunk Katsu apologizing for his actions and everything, I was very angry at him and deep down I wanted to say no. But I thought I just loved him at the time, the truth was I was actually afraid of him. When my parents died he was more aggressive like abusive physically and mentally. He would make me think it was my fault for everything I do wrong, he would hit me when I didn't want to do something. One day I had a plan, I lied to him I was pregnant and I cheated on him. Even though I was a virgin. I threatened him I was going to call the police if he did anything and it worked he left me alone but I still called the police because of what he has done to me. He was arrested for about 10 months, I was living freely but lonely. I think he soon found out I was lying but he never confronted me or anything. I couldn't get a restraining order on him due to his wealthy parents. So I would see him at school with his friends but, we haven't talked until this year.

Y/n

"I'm not Y/n, will you give me a second chance?"

"Katsu.." The nurse came back in to check on my blood pressure and what not. Katsu got up and left without saying anything else. I felt bad for not answering him. I sat in the hospital bed overthinking everything that has happened. I've been in the hospital for two weeks now and I still haven't heard anything about Zack, if he's alive or not. Hopefully he escaped and is now looking for me..but

what if he just left me? What if he doesn't want me anymore?

Those are the thoughts that are going through my head. Zack promised me he would tell me the truth when he got out of that place.. he never lies, he has to be alive. At night I got up off my bed and walked towards the window and opened it. It was dark and I felt the cold breeze hit my face. I looked off at the distance seeing hills and trees buildings and homes. It was calm finally. Suddenly I felt tears run down my cheeks, I didn't mean to cry. I didn't feel like crying but I was. And I wasn't sad, mad, happy, or scared. I was just lonely and depressed I guess. Without thinking I climbed out my window. Luckily there was an edge I was hanging off of. I put my right foot on another edge that was close to me balancing as I jumped onto the ground. I ran as fast as I can I think they had cameras or something because the alarms went off but I didn't care. I wanted to find Zack, I needed Zack. I heard police sirens, and alarms going off as I kept running. I was running through the city in a place where nobody was really around and hid in a allyway. I heard the police sirens come closer so I climbed up a ladder that was connected to a spiral stair that led up to the roof of the building. When I got up onto the roof the wind blew through my hair and I saw the whole city. Lights blinking, the moon reflecting the Stars it was something out of a movie.

"Freeze!" I heard a voice say. I turn around to see four police officers pointing their guns at me. I step back a little, but almost tripping due to me almost falling off the edge. That's when my fear developed.

"It's okay Y/n!" I heard a familiar voice say it was my doctor running up next to the police. "Just come back we'll help you."

"No. You can't i.." I kept looking behind me seeing how far I was away from the ground. The wind got stronger.

"Y/n, you'll have a better life. I promise it's not worth it.." My doctor steps closer to me and I begin to panic. I didn't want them to catch me. But suddenly everything went quiet I only can hear my deep breaths and my heartbeat as I kept looking down at the drop. I slowly lean back without even knowing I looked up at the starry sky as a million flashbacks flew passed me. The wind was calm, and I was exhausted of living this life. My feet let go of the edge, at that I thought I was finally going to die but I felt a forceful pull on my arm throwing me back up on the roof. I groaned in pain as I looked up in front of me. My doctor laid dead in a pile of blood along with the four police officers. I turned around to see a familiar tall figure with a scythe, their black hair flowing through the wind. That stupid grin on their face and of course their bandage face.

"Miss me?" Zack smiled as I ran up to him and hugged him tightly, he wrapped his arms around my waist and I pulled me into a deep kiss. I cried into the kiss as he tried his best to wipe them away. He pulled away and looked into my E/c eyes.

"Zack.. I thought you were.." I couldn't finish my sentence due to me crying so much. He pulled me into a tighter hug and rubbed my back to make me feel better.

"I thought you were dead too.." he cupped my face to look up at him. "We're getting the fuck out of here. You got it?" I nodded and smiled and that's when our adventure together begins.

Hello! I just wanted to say thank you so much for 3.00k reads! I actually never thought people would enjoy my book. Anyways, I'm still continuing this story so I hope you enjoy.