06 Beast

I wish you all
𝓐 𝓥𝓔𝓡𝓨 𝓗𝓐𝓟𝓟𝓨 𝓝𝓔𝓦 𝓨𝓔𝓐𝓡!
And I wish to Wang Yibo, to Xiao Zhan, to my bxg fellows, to my AFF moots, the whole 2023 to be #LikeASunshine

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Luckily Princess Yang Zi didn't question the king's latest decision too much. She accepted without any complaints for the king's best friend and personal guard to become her own guard for the Rose kingdom trip's time, and to take with them the guard's new weird pet, watchdog, hunting dog, or whatever that animal was to him.
She was too thrilled, to care about other than her plans to make Beauty as hers. Too thrilled about her annoying cousin getting sick right before the trip. Therefore, thank god that he will not be able to attend the Rose hunting session. And especially thank god that he will not be there for the after-hunting ball, to overshadow in who knows what way her awesomeness.

Liu Hai Kuan didn't have too much time to recover himself from the shocking things that happened to his beloved king that morning, but he was already faced to another shock, even scarier and creepier, at the time the sun went down and the night landed over the Peony kingdom.

He was in the royal bedroom, getting the wolf-king ready for sleep.
After feeding him and bathing his white fur, he tucked him in the blankets, but suddenly the animal jumped down from the bed and started pacing up and down the room.

"Shhht, shhht, what's the matter, did I do something wrong?
Why did you suddenly get so angry?
Calm down your highness, don't growl like that, people might hear you!"

When Yibo tried to speak to tell Liu Haikuan that he was not angry with him, he could only elicit a loud, prolonged howl that creeped the shit out of his friend.

Right the next moment, the wolf collapsed to the floor, writhing in pain, and his body started to change.

For a moment the guard hoped that the wolf would change back into his original human form, and the Peony kingdom would get back their king, and he would get back his dear friend.
But instead of that, he ascertained in terror that the white wolf changed in a matter of only a few minutes, during a painful conversion process, into a dark, huge, scary beast.