Tension [chapter 7]

Start from the beginning

"Sorry," you both mumbled at the same time while pulling away.

"Damn it Marco, I had money on the line there," Jean said while a playfully pushed his friend.

"The amount of sexual tension here is impressive," Annie stated quietly.

There was an awkward silence, no one knowing what to do to fill the table with the same liveliness and conversation from before.

"Hey, Armin?" you asked.

"Mhm," he hummed.

"Can we go and read that one book?" you asked, hinting at the book you didn't want the others to know about because it was illegal to own.

"Yeah!" Armin shouted, excited to read the book from his childhood again. He seemed to understand immediately. "Mikasa, Eren, do you want to come as well?"

"Sure," Eren replied while finishing his food. He didn't know what book you were talking about, but he wanted to spend time with you and Armin.

"What book?" Mikasa asked. Armin leaned over and whispered something in her ear, not wanting the others to know about the sacred book. Mikasa's eyes lit up as she nodded her head.

"We should all probably finish up our dinner anyways," Christa said with the softest voice you had ever heard.

"Yeah, you all took so long that the whole place is empty," Ymir said while gesturing around us to the empty cafeteria.

"I guess we'll see each other in the morning," Sasha said as she and Connie left to do who knows what, but judging by their track record, it was something stupid.

"Night," Bertold said shortly after the duo left, Annie and Reiner getting up and leaving with him.

"Let's go," Ymir said while grabbing Christa's hand, leading her towards the door.

"Good night!" Christa called while following her taller friend, she got a chorus of hums letting her know they meant it back.

"I'm going to bed," Marco said with a yawn while getting up, Jean following suite.

"Alright," Eren replied while standing up. He stretched his back out as he watched the duo exit the dining area.

"Ready to go?" Armin asked you, as he and Mikasa had already gotten up. They were only waiting for you.

"Yup," you said, popping the 'p'.

The four of you headed to your bunk to retrieve the book since you were the one who had the book in your possession for the time. Eren and you raced, saying the last one there had to do the others chores for the day after tomorrow. Eren beat you this time, making the amount of wins you had over the other even.

"Beat you," Eren said while trying to catch his breath, leaning on the doorframe for support. "This ties things up, 51 to 51."

"I refuse to loose to you," you said with pants, leaning on Eren because he occupied the door.

"You guys are too competitive with each other," Armin said, arriving at the door after a few minutes of you and Eren trying to get your breathing under control.

"No we're not," you said, still leaning on Eren even though your breathing was steadier.

"Sure. Anyways, let's get the book and then go to my special spot," Armin said, narrowing his eyes when he started his his sentence, but dropping the subject so they could go back to their original goal.

"Hurry up," Mikasa said, walking beside Armin while motioning for you to get the book from wherever you hid it in your area where you kept your personal belongings.

"Wait right here," you said while sneaking into the room, not wanting attention from the other people you shared a room with. They were rather annoying, and only ever talked about guys. They weren't there for boys, they were there for training.

Don't attract attention. Don't attract attention. Don't attract atten-

"Oh hey, y/n," one of your bunk mates said, bringing the others attention towards you.

"Heyyy," you said awkwardly, still approaching your bed.

"You going to sleep?" one of them asked.

"Nah, just grabbing something," you replied, not really wanting to tell them what you were doing.

"Where are you going after that?" another one questioned. What was this? An interview?

"Just to hang out with some friends," you replied again, this time searching through your stuff for the book. It would be buried under some blankets since the girls didn't dare touch anything in your blankets since the last time they tried to snoop around, they got a surprise snake in their faces.

"Who are the friends?" one of them asked.

Shit. One of them had a crush on Eren, and would probably tag along.

"Mikasa and Armin," you said while finding and grabbing the book you, only partially telling the truth.

"Oh Eren's friends with them. Is he going to be there?" the girl who liked him asked.

"I don't know," you shrugged while shoving the book under your arm and quickly walking to the door, hoping you could get out before the asked the question you were trying to avoid answering.

"Maybe I should tag along..." she said, hoping you would invite her.

"Maybe not," you said before running out of the door, causing the people waiting to jump at the sudden sound of the door flying open.

"Run," you said while running ahead of them to a spot you know the girls wouldn't see you at, hoping the trio would follow. To your luck, they did.

"Why did we run?" Eren asked you while hiding behind the barrel next to you, Mikasa and Armin following suite.

"There's this girl in my bunk who has a really big crush on you, and when she learned Armin and Mikasa were hanging out with me, she wanted to come since you're usually with them," you explained as you watched the girl you were talking about come out of the room, and look around to try and see if you were anywhere in sight.

"Ew," Eren said, not really taking interest in dating. He also didn't like if they used his friends to get to him.

"I know, right? Plus, all the other girls do is encourage her to talk to you, but she always gets too scared. It's kind of pathetic," you stated while plopping down behind the barrel, not really caring about looking at the girl anymore.

Eren let out a sigh as he followed your actions, putting his back against the barrel. "I just want to read the book again. Hey Armin, do you know a spot where we won't be found?"

"I think so," Armin started, still looking at the girl and waiting for her to go back inside so you guys could start walking to the destination he picked out. "It might be a little cramped since I only ever go there alone, but I think we should be able to fit all of us," Armin whispered out.

"Is she gone yet?" Eren asked, being too lazy to turn around and check for himself.

"She is now," Mikasa said as the door closed behind the girl.

"Finally," you said with an exaggerated tone, while getting up and wiping off your pants to rid any dust or dirt that had gotten on you. Armin started walking to the spot, Mikasa following close behind.

"Shall we?" Eren asked with a hand held out a hand for you to take.

You grinned before taking his hand, "We shall," you said with a slight nod. You and Eren followed the other two, never letting go of the others hand, mainly because you both forgot about it, but also because you liked the others warmth and the sense of comfort they brought you.