She picked up her gym bag and walked to the door. "Happy Holidays, Zinnia!" I yelled back and she gave a small nod.

At that moment, I felt grateful for meeting such wonderful people here in Lunacrest. Having everything I needed from the art workshop, I quickly made my way back to my room. I gave a small knock on the door and when I heard no reply, I burst in.

I spent all afternoon making a Christmas card. Glitter was everywhere and small pieces of colored paper were piled on my bed like confetti. I held up my masterpiece in the air. Okay, well maybe it's not exactly a masterpiece but it's the thought that counts!

I had to clean up the mess before Angel came back from his violin lessons. It was for him—this card. It wasn't much, but I thought perhaps it would bring back his smile.

°°°

It was time to go back home. There was a bittersweet feeling heading home for break. Angel had seemed rather quiet these past few days. I didn't want to bother him too much, so I left him alone most of the time.

I gazed at my luggage on my bed, took hold of it, and set it on the floor. Finally, Angel appeared with Magnolia. He had been gone the moment I woke up that morning.

"Well, well, well. I don't know how, but you managed to survive a whole semester here at Lunacrest." He smirked.

"It was a bit difficult at first," I looked him in the eyes, "but it got better."

Angel looked to the side. For some reason, he would no longer face me. I watched as Magnolia took his bags and headed out the door. It was quiet. The silence made me itch. Say something! Anything!

I began, "I-"

"Young Lunacrest, the car is waiting for you out front." Magnolia had suddenly appeared at the door. Wonderful timing, Magnolia, as always.

Angel started walking for the door.

"W-Will you be alright?" I finally stammered. He turned to me.

"I mean, I just want to make sure everything will be okay for you. Or if I should worry?"

"I don't get why you would worry for me. There's no reason to," he answered in a rather flat tone.

I felt like my chest would implode at any moment. "Of course I would worry! We're friends! Friends worry about their friends..." My voice trailed off.

This made Angel finally look at me. He smiled. "I'll be fine."

I was deathly afraid for him. I swallowed hard and lowered my eye level. Having found a bit of confidence, I said, "Take care of yourself."

He gave a small nod and like a shooting star that passes you by across the starry night sky, Angel was gone.

The bus driver helped place my luggage into the side storage of the charter bus. The school had arranged charter buses for students who lived far away. Rich schools are great. Poppy would be accompanying me, as she too lived quite far from the school.

We met up with Iris and Tulip right outside the doors of the bus. They lived somewhere close by—on the same street actually.

"Make sure to text every day in the group chat!" Tulip beamed. She had been holding onto my hands the entire time. Iris had to pry her off of me and Poppy.

"It's not like we won't see them again." Iris consoled her by gently patting her head.

I was trying very hard not to tear up. "Don't worry Tulip, I'll make sure to message you guys as much as possible."