CHAPTER 13

XXXXXXX

'Who am I?"

"I am Adrian Miles." The younger man spoke after a while breaking the silence. "Son of Federico and Anna Miles, who are both dead. I got out of captivity after four years. I saw something I shouldn't have and now I'm suffering for it. My father wanted me too look for something that could apparently change everything."

He took a deep breath and looked at Damon.

"Something that could change everything?" Questioned Damon.

"A lost world, a world that could prevent all the wars, no more world hunger, no more over population, no more suffering, no more discrimination. A perfect world."

"A lost world?" Damon whispered. "Do you really believe in that?"

"I don't know" Adrian admitted. "I want to honor my father's wishes. I will travel to wherever I am supposed to go with my sister and find the world. Real or not, it's the only option I have."

Damon slowly nodded taking in the information. "I had heard of theories about the lost world, I have seen people seek out for it." He paused. "Who were those people?"

"For your safety and sanity, I think it is better if you do not learn about them."

"Shouldn't I know more about them if I'm accompanying you?"

"No," Adrian looked horrified. "You will not be coming with me, this is dangerous Damon, I do not want you caught up with all of this."

"But I already am aren't I?" That remark sent a chill up the younger man's spine.

"I don't want you involved anymore. If you continue to travel with me, you could get hurt Damon." Adrian said. "I don't want someone so innocent hurt." He took a deep breath once again. "You remind me of myself a few years ago."

"You do know that I'm older than you right?" Damon laughed.

Adrian smiled at him.

He had to admit, having a friend after four years really did wonders for him.

He was glad he wasn't alone anymore.

Soon he would also have his sister by his side.