Chapter Five

Two days had passed since Sapnap had kissed Karl and he had always imagined their first kiss ending in some sort of confirmation that they were now a couple, but Sapnap got the exact opposite of that. Karl was giving him as close to the silent treatment as he could without making it suspicious, although of course it was suspicious that they were no longer at each other's side constantly, switching between flirting, fighting, and whining.

Everybody noticed, but didn't say much about it, worried that they were intruding on something personal. So that was the main reason they now all sat in the living room, silently watching another sappy coming of age movie on Netflix. Sapnap wasn't paying any attention to it and honestly he wouldn't have been able to recall the main character's first name. He was far too focused on the boy sitting next to him.

Karl was picking at his fingers, deep in thought about something and it was probably Sapnap. It was incredibly hard to watch such an incredibly solid friendship slip away from him, all because he felt the need to bring his messy feelings into play. The only thing that really confused him was the fact that Karl had confirmed the kiss, even giggled once it was all over, hugging Sapnap close to him.

Something else was definitely on Karl's mind and it wasn't just the kiss. Sapnap was determined to drag it out of him.

"Hey, I'm gonna go get some popcorn, you guys want anything?" Everybody said they were good, except Dream who requested a soda. Sapnap looked in Karl's direction before whispering in his ear, "Can you please come talk to me in the kitchen? You're worrying me."

With that, Sapnap got up and left for the kitchen. He definitely hadn't expected Karl to actually follow him.

"What's up?" Sapnap asked, jumping up to sit on the counter.

"It's nothing really, I'm just tired," Karl was staring at his hands, his sleeves pulled over them, protectively.

"I'm pretty sure you fell asleep at like- eight last night," Sapnap scoffed, "Please, tell me what's going on. It's clearly my fault," Karl's gaze remained on his sweatshirt sleeves, but he pushed himself to sit next to Sapnap on the counter.

"Sapnap, I'm scared," He admitted, kicking his feet against the counter.

"Scared of what?" Sapnap hesitated, but finally reached out and rubbed Karl's back, reassuring him that everything was perfectly fine.

"It's scary, you're first relationship and I wasn't even sure I could feel this way about another guy. Nobody knows," Karl's voice was brought to a whisper, afraid he had offended Sapnap. Sapnap smiled, but concern still stuck out.

"It's okay to feel that way," He assured, "and I promise you if anyone ever hurts you, I'll snap-nap their neck and that's a promise," This made Karl laugh and he placed his head on Sapnap's chest, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Gosh, you have no idea how hard it was to avoid you," Karl admitted.

"We should've talked it out in the first place," Sapnap chuckled, now rubbing circles into the small of Karl's back.

"I know."

"Can I ask you something?" Sapnap questioned, staring up at the ceiling.

"Hit me."

"Well, I don't wanna hurt you. I can't just hit y-" Sapnap was immediately cut off.

"You knew what I meant, Sap," He giggled, sending Sapnap into a flurry of mixed emotions.

"Okay, okay," Sapnap suddenly becomes very serious, "What do you wanna do about- us?"

"What do you mean?" Karl looked at him, his eyebrows furrowed.

"You know what I mean, Karl."

"No, I know what you mean, but," Karl smiled, "Sapnap."

"Yeah?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Sapnap looked surprised by Karl's question.

"Dude, you stole my line!" Sapnap laughed, pulling Karl into a tight hug, "Of course I will."

They hugged for just over a few minutes, neither wanting to let go. Once they finally pulled away, they remained sitting with their eyes locked.

"I'm so sorry, Sapnap," Karl whispered.

Sapnap scooted closer to Karl avoiding his unneeded apology, "May I?" He asked, tilting Karl's chin towards him.

"Anytime," Karl laughed.

Their lips met for the second time, but this one was a lot more steady. They were both incredibly sure this was what they wanted. The two could have stayed there for hours if it weren't for their need to breath. Sapnap finally pulled away, clumsily slipping off the counter. He landed on his feet, much to Karl's dismay who had wanted to watch him slip and fall. Not in a mean way or anything-

They laughed together before finally realizing they had been gone for a really long time. Nick placed a bag of popcorn in the microwave while Karl returned to the living room with Dream's soda. He could already hear the teasing from where he stood in the kitchen.

Sapnap stared at the microwave, listening for the popping of kernels to slow. He was deep in thought now, not really thinking of anything in particular. Most of his thoughts seemed to revolve around his boyfriend, though.

"My boyfriend," Sapnap tested out the word, finding that it made him extremely happy. Much like Karl, Sapnap had never expected to fall for a boy in the way he had. He had always expected to find some girl he could marry, completely ignoring his feelings for any boy he came across.

The beeping of a microwave interrupted him, signifying that his popcorn was done. He hadn't wanted to keep the popcorn in the entire time, but burnt popcorn was better than no popcorn, he supposed.

Carefully, Sapnap made his way back to the living room, careful not to spill the contents of his popcorn bag. He took his place on the couch, next to Karl. Karl was quick to cuddle up to him and he welcomed his boyfriend with open arms, securing his grip on Karl's waist.

Everybody's eyes seemed to be on them, but they ignored it, focusing on the movie, even though neither had any idea what was going on. They were too busy thinking about one another, anyway.

Author's note:

Sorry about the short chapter, but I really wanted to write and this was what I could come up with. A new chapter should be out tomorrow.

Also, please go look at hopelessloser69's tiktok post because they made me fanart for Common Sense Not Found and it made me really happy. :)))

Word count: 1,041