Chapter Four

Author's Note:

Nooooo, I haven't updated in four days! Sorry about that and I will try to make updates more frequent now, but no promises can be made. :))))

Sapnap swung his legs over the side of the bed and stretched his arms up towards the ceiling. The way the sun beat down through the window signified that it was definitely much later in the day than he had intended on waking up. He pulled himself out of bed and walked towards the bathroom, rubbing his eyes and failing to stifle a yawn.

The bathroom light was on, but upon knocking nobody answered, so he barged in, set on brushing away the fowl taste in his mouth. The bright light stung his eyes and awakened a slight pounding in his head. He was quick to rummage around in his duffel bag for some Ibuprofen. After swallowing the pills, Sapnap brushed his teeth and messed around with his messy hair for a bit, trying to get it to lay flat, but barely accomplishing anything. Eventually, he gave up on messing with his appearance and made his way to the kitchen, passing by a sleeping Karl on his way.

Loud talking could be heard from the kitchen as he shuffled down the dim hallway. Everybody else must have been awake, seeing as they weren't the ones up until the early morning, lying on the beach. Memories resurfaced and Sapnap smiled sweetly before entering the kitchen.

"Look who's finally up!" Dream was the first to notice Sapnap and announced his presence, much to Sapnap's dismay. Everyone greeted him warmly, some teasing his sleepy appearance, but he ignored them, grabbing some toaster waffles from the freezer.

"So, what made you two sleep in so late?" George questioned, his voice tinted with a layer of suggestiveness.

"God, George. You're such a creep," Sapnap laughed and everybody else followed, except for Bad who was basically asleep, sprawled across the longest couch, watching some reality TV show.

"But seriously, why are you two asleep so fucking late?" Skeppy was interrupted by a slurred 'language' and he rolled his eyes before continuing, "It's like four in the afternoon."

"FOUR?!?" Sapnap jumped slightly at the sound of his waffles popping out of the toaster. He took them in his hand and was quick to drop them onto a plate, "Who the hell let me sleep that long?"

"You're not answering any of our questions, Sapnap." George's voice remained suggestive, but Dream nudged him gently in the arm.

"We just went down to the beach," Sapnap assured, pouring an absurd amount of syrup onto his breakfast.

"And did what?" It was Skeppy who was being suggestive now. Sapnap noted that he needed to make some less creepy friends once he got back home.

"Would you guys stop it? You know he's ace," There was a slight hesitation, "I really don't want to make him uncomfortable," Everyone went silent, respecting what had been said. The silence was only interrupted when faint snoring could be heard from the couch. Skeppy approached the living room and smiled, running a hand through his boyfriend's hair before looking back up at the group, smiling as if he had just won some kind of award.

This made Sapnap smile and he longed for the same affection, specifically coming from a certain someone. The thought of Karl running a hand gently through his hair made Sapnap's heart swell, sending a heat to his face. George gave him a knowing smirk before turning back towards Sapnap and starting a conversation.

The soft footsteps directing themselves towards the kitchen would have gone completely unnoticed if Sapnap hadn't been waiting for them, expectantly. Just as expected, Karl walked into the room, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"What the honk, guys?" He exclaimed, looking towards the microwave which showed the time, "4:20 and nobody thought to wake me up?" Sapnap snickered.