Chapter Six

Author's Note:

Okay, maybe I was lying about the update. I really want to update, but a lack of motivation is really making that hard. I found myself stuck with this plot, but I still wanted to continue the story, so I'm going to finish off the two weeks.

(We should be about a week into the vacation now.)

The sun shone in through a gap in the blinds, aimed directly at Sapnap's eyes. He winced, attempting to prop himself up to get away from the bright light, but it didn't work. Something - or someone - was making it so that he remained in place. Karl's head was placed on Sapnap's chest, keeping him from moving.

Karl stirred in his sleep, a low hum leaving his mouth. Sapnap smiled before carefully slipping out of his boyfriend's grasp. He made sure to replace himself with a pillow and then made his way out to the kitchen.

Only Dream was awake and he was holding a cup of steaming coffee, taking careful sips so he didn't burn his tongue. A long sigh left his mouth as he adjusted his position on the couch, now staring out the window, still unaware of Sapnap's presence.

Sapnap cleared his throat loudly, attracting the blond's attention.

"Oh, hey," Dream cleared his throat uncomfortably, "Good morning," Sapnap raised an eyebrow and moved towards the nearly full pot of coffee on the counter.

"What's up?" Sapnap questioned, clearly concerned. Dream was definitely acting odd.

"Oh, nothing," Dream assured, "What's up with you? How's Karl?" Clearly avoiding Sapnap's worrisome tone.

"Nothing much, and he's the best," Sapnap laughed, bringing himself over to sit next to Dream. He reached out a hand and placed it on Dream's knee, "Seriously, though. What's wrong? You can tell me anything."

"It's seriously nothing, just my mom," Dream swallowed a fairly large sip of his coffee, refusing to meet Sapnap's comforting gaze.

"I thought you two worked everything out. What happened?" Sapnap asked.

"She just," Dream paused, "She's changed since my dad left. She's so off and on. Like, homophobic then supportive; comforting then angry. It's just awful," Sapnap watched Dream, trying to come up with something, anything that could help his friend at the moment.

"You know," Sapnap started, not exactly sure Dream would be okay with his idea, "You're almost eighteen. You could," He was interrupted.

"You know I can't leave Drista," Sapnap nodded.

"I know, I just- She's fourteen, Dream. She isn't a baby."

"I get it, Sapnap. I really do. I just want her to be safe before I go off on my own."

"Yeah," The pair was interrupted by the familiar sound of socks sliding across the wooden floor. Sapnap didn't have to look up to know it was his boyfriend, finally awoken from his slumber.

"Hey, guys. What are y'all talking about?" Karl yawned, stretching his arms high above his head, just like he always did in the mornings.

"Oh, nothing," Sapnap got up to get something to eat, "There's coffee on the counter."

"Thanks," Karl stepped around Sapnap and headed towards the cabinet, pulling out a blue mug, "Are you guys planning anything for today?"

"Actually, I think my dad is heading down to check up on us later," A worry engulfed Sapnap and he finally took the time to think this through. His dad was coming. The same dad who grew up in the south, clouded by "true Christian values" as he had put it. How could he have been so stupid? Nick slapped a hand to his forehead.