Chapter Two

Sapnap woke up that morning, more eager than he had ever been in his life. He sprung out of bed, pulling his shirt off in the hallway on his way to the bathroom. Without waiting for the water to heat up, he threw himself into the shower, barely managing to close the curtain behind him.

Soapy bubbles washed away down the drain as he cleansed himself as fast as humanly possible. He multi-tasked, brushing his teeth and lathering conditioner in his hair at the same time. An alarm went off from somewhere else in the bathroom and he was quick to turn off the water and wrap a towel securely around his waste before shutting off the alarm on his phone.

6 am.

He didn't waste anytime looking at his notifications, instead rushing back to his room. His bedroom door was already wide open, displaying a mess of dirty clothing and food wrappers to the members of his household. The door slammed behind him and he collapsed against it, bringing his hands up to smooth out his wet hair.

Reaching out a hand, he grabbed an inside-out hoodie that was hung on his bedpost and smelled it, making sure it didn't smell as if he had worn it all weekend, which he had. Figuring it smelled fine, he slipped it on over his head after finding a plain white tee to go under it. He continued to get dressed, throwing a few articles of clothing into his suitcase in the process.

Sapnap had plenty of time to pack, seeing as he didn't have to leave until about quarter-till 8, but he still rushed himself, shoving last minute items into a separate duffel bag and double checking his entire room once more.

His phone sounded with a small 'ding' and he pulled it from his hoodie pocket to check it.

<One new message from Karl>

Heyo
sent 7:03 am

Hey!
You almost ready?
sent 7:03 am

Sapnap smiled down at the small screen in his hands, waiting for a response.

Almost!
I have everything
packed, just have to grab
some snacks for the road.
sent 7:04 am

Noice
I could come pick u
up early and we could
get there before every1
else??
sent 7:04 am

No response came for some time and Sapnap began to convince himself he had done something wrong, but just as he went to place his phone down next to him, a soft noise emitted from his phone one again.

Ready when u r :)
sent 7:08 am

omw ;)
sent 7:09 am

Sapnap zipped up his suitcase and brought it out to the car, then returning for his duffel bag and placing that right next to his suitcase in the back seat. He returned to his house once more to say goodbye to his parents before heading off to pick up his friend.

"Be very safe," His mum immediately started, placing her hands on his shoulders.

"Mom, I'll be fine. You can trust me!" Sapnap assured, making eye contact with his mother in order to convince her he wasn't lying.

"I left a list of rules to follow in the front of your bag. I expect you to read over them," She stated sternly, giving him one last hug before releasing him from her grip, "Your father will be down to check on you sometime next week."

Sapnap broke away from her and waved goodbye to his dad, backing towards the door in the process.

"I'll see you guys soon!" He finally raced out the door, his keys jingling in his hands as he made his way to the driver's side. The door was already wide open, so he slid in and powered up his car using the 'push to start' button.