Nadine and I shout in approval as the MC announces Gemma the new record holder with a full minute and two seconds. Leaving Laney unimpressed, we approach an elated Gemma and congratulate her on her latest victory.

She bows to us and to the crowd. Turning to me, her cheeks flushed, she frowns a little. "I wish you could do it, too, Emma."

"Me too." I say honestly, only feeling a little bit sorry for myself. "But unless you're telling me this new, married Gemma will never go out again..."

"No way!" She giggles, a bubbly hiccup escaping her lips.

"Then I'm sure I'll get my turn eventually." I smile at her, resisting the urge to rub my belly. Something about simply resting my palm there makes me feel calmer. But I don't want to look like a sad, pregnant lady at the club.

"Okay, so drinks?" Gemma grins, turning to the dark wooden bar top, illuminated by yellow lights highlighting their large whiskey selection. She faces me again, her palm stuck to her forehead. "Shit, Em. You can't do that either, I'm sorry."

"Gemma," Nadine murmurs, shaking her head slightly.

My eyes flicker to Laney, but she's too busy flirting with the man who was pushed into the ring to notice.

"Sorry." Gemma scrunches her face. "I just want you to have fun."

"I am having fun," I reply, pushing her towards the bar. "Besides, once we get some whiskey in you, we'll all be line dancing in no time."

"Oh, hell yes!" Gemma shouts, encouraged enough to march the rest of the way to the bartender.

As she shoots whiskey straight, both impressing and somehow horrifying me at the same time, I engage half-heartedly in our conversation. My mind wanders to the next club, a place with tasty signature cocktails, and then the big finale after that. That's when I'll see Adam, when he'll tell me what he was going to say.

My belly does nervous flip flops as Gemma laughs loudly with Nadine and Laney, my mind racing through the possibilities. Recalling the roses and notes left on my doorstep, and Beau's denial at being the one to send them, I again wonder if Adam is leaving them for me as some sort of romantic gesture.

Staring into the ice cubes of my ginger ale, I try to decide how I feel about that. Before I can, Gemma let's out a twangy "Yee-haw!" and drags Nadine, Laney and me into position on the dance floor.

"I miss Connor," Gemma whines, head resting atop the cool surface of the bar top.

"I know," I sigh, glancing around the top floor of our final destination. "He'll get here soon."

We'd been enjoying ourselves at the cocktail spot exactly as planned when tipsy Gemma got the intense urge to see her husband-to-be. I suppose I understand, I've been fiddling with my phone all night, resisting the urge to call Beau just to hear his voice.

Leaving my delicious strawberry mocktail behind, and dropping Laney off at home so she could vomit in privacy, I called Adam and made a change of plans. And here we are, on the top floor - the current pop music level - waiting for the guys to join us as we wrap up our night.

"I want him here now," Gemma pouts. "I miss him..."

"I know," I repeat, rubbing her shoulder like I would a child at the same time as long, tan arms wrap around her waist.