A lingering touch.

Today was our meeting with the King and his little minions. I was a little jealous of the people that could stay behind at HQ, including Mike who was put in charge while Erwin was absent.

With a concerned face, I glanced behind me ,seeing the building become smaller and smaller until it completely vanished behind the rustling trees.

It was still early as Erwin, Hanji, Levi and me traveled on horseback towards Wall Sina. The blond commander insisted we all wore our full gear in order to make a good impression on the big man.

I however, didn't really care about making an impression and still wondered why I was invited to the palace.

Looking to my right, I spotted Hanji who was nearly screaming Levi's ears off about the weird experiments she has planned for Eren. The Captain just stared blankly infront of him, trying his absolute best to ignore her.

A soft smile grazed my lips, clenching the reigns between my fingers.

I saw no point in continuing my anger towards the raven-haired man and accepted his sincere apology yesterday.

But despite that ...I was still confused about our little 'encounter' after that.

What would've happened if Sasha didn't enter the room?

A sudden silence made me come back to reality again and I noticed the so called 'shitty-glasses' grinning at me widely.

"You look like a titan with that face." I casually stated, making Hanji's face contort into shock.

Levi rode infront of me but I could see his shoulders jolt up a little, indicating a small chuckle.

Ignoring Hanji's stupid face, I bit the bottom of my lip. The rythmic stomping of my horses hooves on the ground slowly carried me back into my own thoughts and worries.

The tracker in my arm also still hurt.

Should I just cut it out myself?

Without me even noticing , Levi slowed down his horse until he rode next to me. He just watched as I mumbled to myself, not sure what kind of words he could say that would help me calm my obvious nerves.

"Relax, brat. We're nearly there."

His voice startled me and if that wasn't enough, my horse accidentally tripped over his own feet. The small bump made me lose balance as I slipped out of the saddle.

"OI!" Levi yelled out and managed to grab my wrist just in time, pulling me back into the leather seat. Erwin simply looked behind him to see what was going on.

Hanji was fangirling, clapping her hands and blushing.

What a weirdo.

"Eh...yeah...thanks, Cap'!" I hesitated, mentally facepalming myself at my own poor choice of words.

He only raised an eyebrow and released my wrist, caressing his long, rough fingers over the back of my hand before grabbing his own reigns again.

"Tsk, be carefull."

(Time -skip)

Once we arrived , formally dressed guards immediately greeted us when we stepped off of our horses.

The Commander kindly greeted them back, giving one guard the same letter that we recieved earlier this week.

Digging inside my pocket I fished out a small sugarcube and gave it to my horse, petting its head.

"You're like a grandma, carrying around treats like that." Levi remarked while a smirk formed in the corner of his mouth.

I narrowed my eyes in return, quickly retrieving another cube out of my pocket and throwing it at his head.

"Here! For your sour mouth!" I teased, making Hanji nearly topple over from laughing. Levi clicked his tongue and easily catched the cube before feeding it to his own steed.

Erwin cleared its throat as the guards
escorted us inside the palace.

Once inside I didn't know where to look first. The silver ceiling, the paintings, the expensive looking vases,...

"Try not touching anything." One guard warned us, especially glaring in my direction.

Rude.

I mean it did cross my mind but still...rude.

In the corner of my eye I spotted Levi now walking next to me. He seemed already done with the situation, boredly looking up to the glinstering chandelier ,exposing his razorsharp jawline. He walked so close to me that our fingers slightly brushed against eachother.

The strange feeling of yearning to hold his comforting hand overwhelmed me but I shook my head.

Focus (Y/n). Focus!

My wandering eyes stopped at an enormous door ,covered in green emeralds and I could hear faint music coming from behind it.

The guards finally stopped and opened the door with a loud creaking sound.

A small gasp escaped my mouth at what I saw.

Hundreds of people seemed to be dancing on a big marble floor. All dressed beautifuly in long gowns of different colours.
The gentle sounds of violins entered my eardrums while the golden walls blinded me for a few seconds. Once my eyes adjusted to the new sight I wondered why there were so many people here.

"Is this a party?" I asked to no one in particular.

Levi clicked his tongue in pure disgust and I honestly couldn't blame him.

This wasn't part of the deal.

Hanji however was beyond excited, seeing all the food and drinks while Erwin showed only his pride.

My eyes trailed off, evaluating the situation closely.

Two guards beside each door. Five on each wall. Eight surrounding the King. Possible exits through windows or balcony above us.

When we all walked a little further, I heard women around me mutter and whisper.

Back home, people would gossip about me aswell. Saying that I was Seth's little pet.
I've learned to deal with it over the years so I just looked forward, ignoring everyone around me.

"Look at those muscles! How very unladylike."

"She clearly doesn't fit here."

"Is that Levi Ackerman? So handsome! I'll surely get him to dance with me."

"Tsk, not likely." Levi growled underneath his breath, making me smirk.

"Whatcha' thinking about?" Hanji asked as she locked arms with me, walking towards a giant buffet filled with food and drinks.
I nervously shifted my eyes towards Erwin ,who only smiled and nodded as form of approval. Hanji was quick to give me a glass of champagne before stuffing her own mouth full with cake.

Letting out a small smile I accepted the drink, looking around again in search for Erwin and Levi.

"Relax! They're with the King. They'll call us when we're needed." Hanji answered my unspoken question and pointed towards a big mass of people.

Between them I spotted indeed a tall blonde and short male standing in front of a skinny man with lifeless eyes.

The crown on his head glinstered in the light and for a few seconds I couldn't take my eyes of it.

His entourage was different.

Old men with angry facial expressions and pointing fingers stood like a shield in front of the King.

My heart jumped as their eyes suddenly darted towards me before whispering something to a guard.

That same guard then began walking towards me.

Oh boy, here we go.