Tears.

(Levi's POV)

I took deep, heavy breaths in and out before quietly closing the door and kneeling down to gather the broken pieces of the teacup.
A deep frown now resided between my eyebrows, holding back the urge to chase her.

I never lost my composure like this and the more I thought about what I yelled at her...the more I regretted it.

Knowing she had a history of violence and possible abuse , an unfamiliar feeling hugged my chest.

Damnit.

With a click of my tongue I quietly disposed of the porcelain shards and looked at the grandfather clock next to my desk.

Nearly six...Guess it's time for dinner.

I thought about what to say to (Y/n) when I would see her again in the mess-hall.

Should I be the one apologizing?

Was I too harsh?

But to my own surprise, there was no trace of her during the whole damn meal.

In the meantime I couldn't surpress the flashbacks of all the things she said when she was still asleep.

Nightmares about a person named Seth.

Maybe he yelled at her like that as well ?

With an aggravated expression I stood up, making Hanji jump a little, and asked the other brats behind me if they had seen her.

"No sir, I think she went outside for a bit and hasn't returned yet." Christa stated. Mikasa only glared at me, which I gladly returned.

Outside? That's fucking dangerous in this weather.

Without another word I was already heading towards the main-entrance but stopped in my tracks when the giant entryway already opened. Trembling fingers pushed the door wide-open before revealing a drenched (Y/n).

Her tired eyes stood red and puffy as she slowly wiped her nose clean. Trying my best to make eyecontact, she only stared at her own feet, closing the big wooden door behind her.

Has she been crying?

That question rested on the tip of my tongue but I rejected the urge to ask it out loud. The answer was obvious.

I balled my fists and clenched my teeth until my jaw hurt.

"(Y/n)..." I started but she brushed passed me without a single emotion visible on her face. My mouth slightly opened as I turned around and saw her exchange a few words with Erwin before completely dissappearing into the dark corridors of HQ.

"What did she say?" I asked the thick-eyebrowed man, while we both entered the mess-hall again and sat down at the superiors table again.

"What did you say to her, Levi? I've never seen her like this." Hanji interrupted ,slamming her fist on the table.

"None of your damn business." I hissed, letting out an irritated sigh. With my two hands I combed my fingers through my messy hair. Social interaction wasn't one of my fortés so I wasn't sure on what to do now.

For the first time in ages I felt...guilty.

What a mess.

"Ackerman." Erwin spoke sternly, making me focus back on him.

"For some reason she has no intention of going to the meeting tomorrow. If you really want to make things right I suggest you go apologize after dinner."