~ Part 2 ~ | Taking The City

ابدأ من البداية

Kai made barely any move to smother his snort as Cole hastily tried to cram it back on.

"It'll probably break down before we even get there!" Jay pointed out, wrinkling his nose.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Zane smiled at Cole graciously.

Cole sniffed, climbing into the driver seat and slipping the key in. There was an awful sputtering noise as the engine roared.

"What's that smell?" Kai asked suddenly.

"COLE!" Jay went stumbling back as the front of the vehicle suddenly exploded in black smoke.

Cole blinked, frozen in place as he stared at the blackened window. His finger absently flicked the windshield wipers. His friends cough violently from the side.

"I refuse to travel in that." Kai wrenched the door open to poke Cole in the shoulder.

"Well, then you can walk!" Cole snapped.

"Hey...." Jay looked around. "Where's Nya?"

"Nya?" Kai paused his bickering to search for his sister. He cursed. "Are you kidding me?"

Zane tapped Kai on the shoulder. "I believe she is over there."

Kai followed the tall boy's finger. The satisfying rumble of a healthy engine whirred as the big blue truck rolled in front of them. Cole's mouth fell open as Nya rolled down the window. Kai sighed when he recognized Nya's truck.

"Ready to go?" She called with a smirk.

"NYA!" Kai ran over. "Thank god!" He smiled at his sister's vehicle.

"This is much better." Jay stage whispered to Zane as he plodded after. Cole pouted but didn't hesitate to scramble out of the car.

Kai rattled the driver's door handle. "What?" Nya yelped irritably.

"You're not driving!" Kai told her. Nya groaned but unlocked the car and scrambled to the passenger seat. Cole pushed past Kai and sat down while Zane and Jay climbed in the back.

"Scooch over Jay," Kai pulled himself inside. "I'm not going in the middle."

"Why am I stuck in the middle?" Jay whines.

"Because you're the shortest, duh."

Jay made a noise of offence that made Nya laugh as Cole vamped up the radio and turned the gear into drive.

"It's time for training and we're getting started..."

*****

"Are we there yet?"

"Oh my god! Shut up!" Kai groaned, leaning his head against the window with boredom.

"For the last time Jay, we're almost there!" Cole tightened his grip on the steering wheel with irritation.

Jay huffed and fell back in his seat, accidentally bumping Kai in the shoulder. "It's not my fault you drive like a grandma."